LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Spontaneously combusting halo!

I've been so good that I seriously believe my halo is so bright that it might burst into flames! Still on a roll - hmmm maybe more of a trundle this week - but a loss of 500g and I'm very happy with that. Now feeling the difference in my clothes and that nasty spare tyre (where each extra kilo seems to attach itself initially) is more like a bike tyre than a car tyre! I'm still off alcohol - think that's about 23 days now - only 8 more to go - not that I'm counting - but a couple of chardies on the Thursday before Easter seems like a very nice idea. As someone said to me yesteday - you get a bugger of a hangover when you've been off the grog for a while so I better just take it real slow. Only managed to get in four walks this week but the one on Sunday was a big one so really counts for two of my ordinary ones. The poor dog was shattered. Mind you half of it was her own fault. Three quarters way through our walk she was walking nicely by my side (she's pretty well trained and obedient normally) when she spotted a group of kangaroos in the bush. Well she took off like a bat out of hell - me roaring at her to come back and imagining the damage a 'roo would do to her with it's monster claws. She's a ridgeback/boxer cross so bred to be fast and fearless (usually hunts lions in Africa) so Im thinking that if she catches one she'll have a go at it. Fortunately, I think since she'd already done a lot of running around, she had no chance of catching them and slunk sheepishly back a few minutes later - much to my relief. She was plum tuckered out for the rest of the day. Here she is - and I suppose I should now confess that this is the real Zanna - I love the name and decided to use it as a pen name when I started this blog. Been doing a bit of running around this week for No 2 son (single 26). He and a couple of friends are currently on a world tour - backpacking with no real plans of working - just holidaying. So far they have been to South America - Chile, Bolivia, Peru (Macchu Picchu - the Inca Trail), Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil - the Carnival in Rio, and the Stones concert on Copacabana Beach with 1.2 million other people! From there to Mexico and now in Dallas heading for LA. Anyway early in the piece he lost his credit card - not a problem simply cancelled it. But the new one was issued and sent to his PO Box here - which I'm checking for him and we've been trying to find an address where he would be for long enough for me to post it to him. Eventually gave up on that and discovered that he could do it through DHL the global courier - company - they pick up from me and he collects from their local agent. So now arranging for this to happen so he can collect in LA. Then comes the next favour - Mum could you arrange a couple of money orders and send them with the package which will turn up in my mail box to the Canadian consulate in Sydney so we can get a work permit for Canada? He's having the most wonderful experiences and I'm just so happy for him - just wish I was there too! Anyway rambled on long enough. Have a great week everybody.

6 comments:

Suzy said...

Congrats on still being good. Well done on the loss!
It will be an amazing experience for your dear son. That's great that you can courier his card to him! Maybe it is a small world after all!

Lainey said...

Zanna's tongue is huge! I'm talking about the dog here!

Well done on another loss! I'm impressed with the absence of alcohol still! Half a shandy and you'll be anybodies!

Anne said...

You have got a halo!! Well done.

Your son sounds like he is having an amazing time! Good on Mum for helping him:)

Esther said...

Hey there! thanksyou so much for your comment, it is fantastic to hear from someone in the know!! My main worry was the fact I have stopped getting periods. They have been iregular and then non existant since 2001 - but this eas always brushed off by Drs. Its funny though, as soon as I started reading up on the disease i realised I had so many of the symptoms associated with hypothyroidsm. Ive been taking the tabs now for 12 days, and dont feel different yet. What were the things you first noticed? in regards to feeling better I mean... Thanks again for your comment

Esther

PS Gorgeous dog!!

Julie's Journey said...

Well done on the loss. 23 days without alcohol - good on you. Glad dog came back okay - Ive seen the damage roos do to a dog and it is not pretty. And finally, what would they do without us.
Enjoy your Easter drink.
:o)

Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read http://www.femdom-0.info/Tight_corset_bondage.html master bath oceanfront condominium tub highest rated skin care line by dermatologists Business courses in people management and developments uk Tennis charting georgia real estate clawfoot bathtub lacrosse wi Remove adware components.html Withdrawal vicodin sale rhode island life insurance Dick walters subaru zocor and fatty liver disease Mitsubishi xd70u