LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Two little chardonnays sitting on a bar!

Well I’m pleased to report that another 800g has gone this week which means my challenge to myself was successful – my aim was to lose at least 4kgs before Easter and I’ve actually lost 4.4kgs so feeling incredibly pleased with myself. I’ve got this really good feeling at the moment and am really motivated so although I’m going to let my hair down at bit over Easter, I think I’m feeling strong enough to get right back into it on Tuesday. Those two little chardonnays will be sitting on the ‘bar’ waiting for me when I get home from the hairdressers on Thursday night – look I’ve even included a picture! We’ll probably catch up with a few friends over the Easter break but while I’m allowing myself a few wines I’m going to try and stick to eating the right things. Have bought Bloss one of the Lindt dark chocolate eggs which comes with a few mini eggs so maybe if I ask him nicely I can have one of the mini ones as my token Easter egg. Had a kind of eventful weekend. Friday night we went out for dinner with our friends B and H and one of B’s work colleagues from UK. Not a late night or an unduly boozy one (certainly not for me cos I’m still alcohol free (30 days now), but not that bad for Bloss either) Anyway I was awakened at 1am with this huge bang and a loud cracking noise – I realised that Bloss wasn’t in the bed so shot up to see what had happened. Found him picking himself up from the first landing of the stairs – oh, the relief to see that he was conscious and could move. He’d got up and gone to the loo then was thirsty so headed for the kitchen to get a drink of water. He headed right from the toilet but was still half asleep and turned right misjudged how far he had travelled (not far enough!!!)– thought he was in the kitchen so stepped forward….. into nothing. The cracking noise was the plasterboard ….. there’s now a hole about two foot square in the wall on the landing! I think he landed with his back on the bottom step and his feet went through the wall. Poor darling was in so much pain – battered and bruised from head to foot. I’m panicking in case he had internal bleeding – he’s being non communicative – as he always is when he’s sick. Anyway not to bore you with all the details – there was no serious damage only lots of bruising and by today he’s feeling heaps better. Since he made it clear he didn’t want me fussing round him on Saturday (just wanted to be miserable all by himself) I took off with my friend S to buy a new BBQ for the new deck. Got one – it’s really schmicko – all stainless steel, 4 burners, hood, rotisserie, side burner, two door cabinet – just razzle dazzle (price to match though $900!!) So Sunday was scheduled to be the DIY day. B & H had insisted on buying us a patio heater for the new deck. So we started to assemble it downstairs in the games room. When it was half built we carried it upstairs on to the deck and there the problem became apparent. It was too bloody big – didn’t have enough clearance from the ceiling – needed at least 500mm and at it’s best only had about 300mm. Well lots of deliberations, phone call to B and H and it was decided that H would take it back. So then had to dismantle the bloody thing and repack it all again. After lunch we started on the BBQ assembly. This went quite well – one or two diversions in the wrong direction – but finally got it all together and took the plates out of the bubble wrap to insert on the BBQ and ......the solid cast iron plate has a flamin’ four inch crack in it!! However called the manuafacturers on Monday morning and they’re putting a replacement in the post for us so at least there was no hassle there. Have included a couple of photos. Latest one of grandson No 2 now 5 months and very close to crawling and one sent by No 2 son from Mexico showing him in one of his favourite situations – surrounded by beautiful women and a beer in his hand! OK everyone, hope you and yours have a safe, happy and relaxing Easter. (and remember too many eggs makes you constipated!!!)

4 comments:

Julie's Journey said...

Hi, thanks for visiting me. Just a quick reply - yes I have found WWA really good for keeping up my motivation to walk 10,000 steps a day. I was surprised to find that when I work I move very little so it has made me get out more so I can build up my steps. The France walk was fun because I am a bit of a francophile (?).

Anne said...

What a cute little boy!! LOL the bigger one is not too bad either.

Well done on your fantastic effort - hope you enjoy the chardonnays!!

Lainey said...

Loving the grandson pic - gorgeous!

Well done on another loss - you are doing a superb job!

And thanks for the comments on my blog - much appreciated. I found myself nodding along to your advice this morning!

Thanks. x

Suzy said...

Well done on the great loss and so long without alcohol! Yes you will certainly deserve those chardonnays by Thursday!
OMG, poor bloss. Glad he survived!

I am SO sick of buying things and having to take them back because of faults. It is so annoying. Doesn't seem to matter how much you pay for things these days.

Luckily I don't like Easter Eggs much, but I am very partial to Ferrero Rocher. Hopefully I won't get any!

Have a lovely, happy Easter too!