LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, April 20, 2006

Doin' OK

I’m feeling quietly pleased with myself – I had one or two wines (a lot might be a more honest description) over the weekend. I also had a token piece of chocolate, one hot cross bun and some nibbles and dip that I shouldn’t really have had. But that all came to an end first thing Monday morning – tracking religiously again, alcohol’s off the menu and I’ve started walking round Dordogne in France! This last is an idea I got from Julie and is a virtual walk (gosh I bet that surprises you!) courtesy of Walking with Attitude. I think it might be a bit of fun and add to the motivation. Now on the scales….. another 400g – hence the quiet smug feeling – long may it continue! Enjoyed having a few drinks but only had two and a half glasses on Thursday night and had a bugger of a headache on Friday morning. That didn’t put me off and I had a few more on Friday and again on Saturday and again on Sunday. But to be quite honest I was quite happy to pull up on Monday and decide it’s off limits until we go to the wedding on 12 May. It’s on the beach at Noosa and we’ll drive down on the Thursday and stay with friends and not come home till Sunday so that’ll be a lovely little break. We’d a quiet relaxing Easter – just had a few friends round on Saturday and Sunday and gave the new BBQ a bit of a work out. It’s fantastic – and so nice to have the BBQ on the same level as the kitchen now that we’ve the deck – saves loading up trays and carting them up and down the stairs. The other big plus is that the BBQ plate fits in the dishwasher so just give it a quick scrape and plonk it in the dishwasher and a nice clean plate! We also moved our outdoor table and chairs up to the deck. We weren’t sure how this setting would look and whether we’d have to think about getting another one – but it fits in really well. I've almost finalised our plans for our next trip - we're going to Penang for 8 days at the end of July. So my goal is to lose the remaining 7.1kgs between now and then and if I'm really good I should be able to get below that which would give me a bit of leeway while on holiday. We plan to stay at the Golden Sands resort which seems to get fairly good reviews. Would appreciate comments from any of you who've stayed there. Feedback so far indicates that Penanag has good eating and drinking places, top market shopping, a bit of sightseeing and if the resort is good too then we'll have a great time. Well good people don’t seem to have anything else of note to say so will wish you all a good week and look forward to catching up on your blogs.

3 comments:

Anne said...

Well done - you are doin' OK!!

Your holiday sounds a dream - I'm envious!! Good luck with your goal before you go:)

Julie's Journey said...

Glad you are walking France. I found it very interesting and it really did make me walk more. Your planned trip sounds exciting and I am sure you will get a lot of walking done then too. Remember just enjoy yourself.
Julie

Suzy said...

The walking challenges certainly do help. I didn't actually officially join, but made sure I put on my pedometer in Winter and walked 10,000 steps most days.

Well done on being so good during Easter and especially for stopping the wine straight after! That is very brave.