LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm on a roll!

Wow, am I ever on a roll! Loss of 1.5kg this week and boy do I feel good. I’m so healthy I’m just about jumping out of my skin!!! Have had another really good week – still no alcohol – it’s now day 16 – reckon when I finally have a glass or two I’ll be off my face in no time! I’ve also tracked faithfully (and on points), managed to up the walking to SIX days – the dog thinks it’s fabulous, and drunk my 2 litres of water and on average had three cups of green tea each day. Hells bells that just over six tubs of margarine in two weeks. And you know what – it’s not that hard. I mean when you cut to the chase and leave out all the excuses and just do exactly what you’re supposed to – it happens! I guess I’m the master of bending the rules just a little here and there – thinking that won’t make much difference but if I’m honest and realistic I probably do that once or twice every day – only little things mind you – but that’s probably at least fourteen non conformances a week – work jargon creeping in here! And then I have the nerve to be all upset because I haven’t lost as much as I should have. Another interesting thing is how one success builds on another – when you’re not doing well it’s just so hard to get on top of things and think positive and following the plan is a struggle. But when you have a couple of good weeks you’re feeling so in control and focussed that it’s comparatively easy to make the right choices – because you just want your success to continue. My testing time will be at Easter – I’ve promised myself that on Easter weekend I’ll relent and enjoy a few wines. The challenge will be to just enjoy those few wines then climb back on to the big wagon again on Monday and continue doing what I’m doing now. Hopefully the fact that we have a wedding to go to in Noosa on 12th May will give me enough incentive to get straight back on plan again – I think I’ll set myself the challenge to be at my half way point by then. Got a real kick out of the side bar this week – my kilos to lose are into single figures! Otherwise it’s been a reasonably quiet week, which has been great after that recent hectic spell. Went to the beautician on Saturday – got the waxworks – and I was pretty overdue – underarms, legs, lip, Brazilian – probably lost half a kilo of fuzz! I also had a voucher for a one hour facial which Bloss had got me for Christmas. It was fantastic – came out of there just floating. And while I was gone Bloss - bless his little heart – had oiled the new deck. So it’s now only one more coat to go then we can get the proper furniture on it and organise the plants, pots etc. Have a great week everybody. Cheers!

6 comments:

Anne said...

Great work - you really are on a roll!!

Lainey said...

Jeezo! Too right you are on a roll! That's fab work missus.

I really think the no alcohol thing helps loads. I'm going away over easter and it will indeed be a test of will power to keep get back on the dieting nag once the good times are over.

Suzy said...

That is fantastic! 1.5kg! Congrats for doing all the right things.

By Easter you will well and truly deserve a few treats!!!

Jay said...

You are an inspiration. I shall come here daily and hope it rubs off!

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! »

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! » »