LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Feelin’ good

I’m on top of the world – loss of 1.6kg this week. I’ve stuck to my plan – no alcohol – even on the weekend and boy was that tough. I have this mindset that says on Friday I deserve a few drinks after a big week at work so when I went to the pub with some of the others after the training workshop I had to be so strong and just have a soda. It was the same on Saturday night when Bloss and I were having a nice quiet little dinner for two – however I resisted the temptation. I managed to get in four walking sessions this week – would really like to make it five and would dearly love to get back to the gym. There’s nothing like it for tightening up the wobbly bits! But right now I just don’t seem to have enough hours in the day. Points wise I have been under every day – not masses but just a couple up my sleeve – always useful in case everything turns pearshaped on the weekend! Had a bit of a laugh to myself when I entered my weight progress on the online WW chart this morning – I joined WW as an online member which gives me the tracker, points guide online, recipe builder, points calculator and weight tracker to name but a few and generally keeps me honest – especially since I’m paying for it. Anyway after I had entered my loss of 1.6kg (remembering what a shitty few weeks I’ve had previous to this) I got a message pop on my screen suggesting that maybe I was losing weight too fast! Sometimes you just can’t win! Mentioned in my last post that I was on to the green tea – still drinking about 3 or 4 cups a day – usually either the one with Mint or with Lemon. It’s really refreshing and a nice change from straight water. I don’t drink much coffee these days. I used to when I smoked (15 years ago) – the old cup of coffee and a fag – sometimes 14 or 15 of them! But these days it would be a huge day if I had 4 cups in a day and most days is one first thing in the morning and sometimes one at night. Anyway still having my heart starter in the morning but then having green tea at lunch, when I get home from work and after dinner at night. Been reading up on the properties – seems like it has some amazing benefits – lowers cholesterol (mine can be a bit wayward), reduces chances of several different types of cancer, lowers your chances of cavities and may even have weight reducing properties (not huge – studies show MAY burn up to 266 Kj per day so don’t got too excited) and also acts as a diuretic. Can confirm this last one –the combination of no alcohol which dehydrates you, drinking my usual amount of water (1.5 to 2 litres) and then my green tea has meant that my system has had a real work out – even having to get up several times in the night. It’s just like being pregnant again – a dim and distant memory! But I just grin and enjoy – think of it as weight disappearing down the S bend and at work every time I have to make my way down the hall to the other end of the building to visit the ‘conveniences’ I consider it another bit of Claytons exercise – the exercise you get when you’re not actually exercising! Otherwise it’s been a bit less hectic this week – and boy did I need that – had got that ‘stop the world I want to get off’ feeling, so it’s been nice to catch up on a few jobs at home. I think this weekend’s job will be to oil the new deck. Bloss oiled and stained the one pine beam on it last weekend but we didn’t attempt any more since we weren’t sure what Cyclone Larry was going to do – not that we were in the line of fire but we often get the accompanying rain. We’re still getting some gentle rain today which is great but really feeling for the residents of Innisfail, Mission Beach etc. Meanwhile we’re keeping a wary eye on Cyclone Wati which is currently heading towards Mackay (that’s getting a bit closer to us) and is forecasted to then head south parallel to the coast. I haven’t had the ‘pleasure’ of a cyclone since coming to Queensland 12 years ago and truth be told I think I can easily live without it but then you don’t always get a choice in these things! Have a busy night tonight – got to race home as the pest control man is coming – hopefully besides the usual cockroach spray he can do something about all the miniscule ants which have invaded us – they’re driving me bonkers. Then the kids are coming for tea (Son, D-I-L and the two darling boys) so that’s always a fun time. Hope you’re all having a good week – I’ve been lurking on lots of blogs and enjoying sharing all the good news and sympathised and in many cases empathised with those of you who are having a struggle. I’m gradually getting better at leaving comments – I guess I’m just a bit hesitant about commenting to a perfect stranger – think they might feel ‘what the hell does she know’ – but on the other hand I get a HUGE buzz when someone leaves me a comment – so I’m going to really try hard. Ciao!

3 comments:

Suzy said...

Well done on the fantastic loss! You are doing very well with the "no alcohol" too!

Hope you don't get too much rain from the cyclone. How terrible it must be for all those people who have lost their homes. Very scary too!

Anne said...

Great work on the 'no alcohol' - it padi off - that was a fantastic loss!!

Jay said...

Good for you! Sometimes it's harder work saying no to yourself than actually getting off the old duff and putting in a workout, but it sounds like you're fighting battles on both fronts. Progress! Hurrah!