LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 01, 2012

Time to get serious

Och I know -you've all given up on me and decided that I have defected to Face Book - and that's partially true.  However I have been reading your blogs whenever I get a minute and occasionally commenting but I just haven't had my sh?t together to settle down and lose weight properly or to blog regularly.

So what's the goss - well that 1.6kg I was down last post has been reduced to only 700g down.  I managed to get 2.5 off at one stage then faffed around again and then of course there's been Christmas but on the plus side I'm still lighter than when I came back from holiday.

But the pressure is now on - Clive gets married in about 14 weeks and I really want to lose 5 or 6 kilos before then.  So today marked day 1 of a 12 week challenge.  I've done it before and I can do it again - I just have to have the right mindset and I think I've finally got it.  Not going to do anything unusual - just count points, cut out the alcohol and up the exercise.  I'll make myself a nice wee record on the sidebar to keep me honest.

So what else has been happening.

Work - still really busy.  We've had a few changes - the major one being that Rio Tinto has decided to divest a group of companies - one of which is ours.  It's not making much difference to us right now - still business as usual.  But it will mean that we'll do our own recruitment rather then it being done by a centralised team.  Both my immediate leader and my manager have suggested I take over one of the Recruitment Adviser roles as they feel I would be really good in that position so I'm giving it serious consideration and may well move to recruitment later this month.

Family - Grant, Tiff and boys all really well - hard to believe that Josh is going into Year 6 and Curtis into Year 1 after the holidays.  Since I last posted we went down to Melbourne to Clive and Jo's engagement party and housewarming - it was a great night and they are so happy together.  Clive finished up in Korea just before Christmas.  He has a break of 6 or 8 weeks while they float the rig from Korea down to off the coast of WA.  After that he'll do fly in fly out of Melbourne to Karratha in WA - two weeks on/two off.  The wedding is all organised for 14th April - will be at Peppers Moonah Links Resort which is on the Mornington peninsula.  And the really exciting news is that my mum and sister are coming over for the wedding.  They arrive to us on 25th March then the week of the wedding we all fly down to Melbourne - overnight there then we've rented a house in MacCrae for five nights which will accommodate Bloss and I, Mum and Linda as well as Grant Tiff and the boys.  After the wedding they come back to Queensland with us and are here till the 30th April.

Friends - Our friend Deb turns 50 next week and so a group of family and friends are going over to Fraser Island for a few nights - we'll drive down to Harvey Bay on Friday, stay there one night then over to Fraser on the ferry on the Saturday and stay there till Tuesday.  Will be a lovely wee break.

Merlin - has settled in so well - took a bit of work in the first few weeks till he realised that I was alpha dog - not him!  But these past two or three weeks it all seems to have come together and he's responding and behaving beautifully.  We of course are going to dog obedience classes which are so well worth the effort. I'm walking him twice a day so if I start eating properly that should help bring the kilos down too.

Mother of the Groom dress - I've order one online - supposedly from the US - but then I discover that it's actually a bit of a scam that it's in the US - it's actually China.  However as well as bad press about them being in China there's also some really good reviews from satisfied and happy customers.  Anyway I've ordered the dress - provided all the measurements and the latest email from them says it was shipped last week.  So fingers crossed it works out.  It was incredibly cheap - only $150 all up including postage.  My thinking is that worst case scenario I'll still have to make a trip to Brisbane to buy something which will cost me an awful lot more and I'll have lost $150.  But I'm an optimist so hoping that I'm just about to receive the bargain of my life.  Watch this space.

King of the deck
At the beach
Having fun at the beach
Wishing you all - if anybody is still reading - the very best for 2012 and I hope it's a year filled with wondrous things for you.

Take care
Zanna xx

7 comments:

Joyful said...

I was newish to your blog when you disappeared :-)) I wish you well with your weight loss and send you congratulations on the upcoming wedding. All the best in 2012!

Lonicera said...

OK - adjustment required. I had been imagining you speaking in an Australian accent all this time, but this post definitely has a Scottish twang. Or maybe Scottish with an Australian twang?

By the sound of it you have lots of lovely things to look forward to in 2012 - happy new year!!

Caroline (a desdcendant of the Bruce clan...)

Chris H said...

I hope the dress does arrive and it is all you thought it would be.
I have read about several girls who ordered dresses online and were bitterly disappointed... either didn't arrive on time, or didn't fit etc!
Your dog is very cute btw.

jen said...

ohhh wow, your're back!
Happy New Year.

Hope the dress arrives in time and is all you hoped for, fingers crossed.
A wedding, how exciting, time for a family get together, glad your mum is flying in, that's wonderful!

Love Merlin!

Julie's Journey said...

Woohoo you are back. Even though I've been keeping up with you on FB it is nice to have you back here.
Now down to nitty gritty
Yes you have done it before and you can do it again.
Hope the dress is everything you want it to be.
Great news about o/s visitors and the wedding. Bonus.
Merlin is absolutely gorgeous.
Have a great 2012
xxx

Pam said...

Goodness, Merlin is very handsome but... big. Welcome back to blogland.

Lonicera said...

Er - is that a bog roll you're holding in your header picture? Essential travelling accessory I know, but...
Zany Zanna?
Caroline