LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Birthdays Galore

That's definitely the case for January - it started on 9th with Deb's, then 11th was my Mum, 13th was Tiff (my DiL) and today 15th is the wonderful Shaz.  I have a short break then it's Grant's on the 24th.  It's not just the effect on my pocket but the challenge of trying to choose presents for them all.  But I've conquered them all apart from Grant - and Tiff is usually good for a few suggestions.

Well if you have a look at my little pedalling lady at the top you'll see that I've had a good week and dropped 1.1kgs so feeling very focussed and positive.

I don't actually have a real lot to say today - after all it was only 4 days ago that I last posted.  So work busy busy - especially when you've had two days leave and a day off site - you arrive on Thursday to 125 emails in my inbox!  I was wondering when my next hairdressing appointment was as I didn't seem to have noted it on my Iphone and I kept meaning to text her to find out - but since I don't have mobile reception in my office and I have to don safety glasses and go outside to get it I hadn't got round to it.  I got home on Friday - my half day and started in to the massive pile of washing we had after our weekend away.  One of the problems with Merlin the marvellous is that he delights in pulling washing off the line so I have to do it and hang it out while we're home and bring him up on to the deck.  Anyway I digress - I got the washing on, had some lunch - and then a little nap in the chair and then remembered I was going to text Rob - I picked up my phone and there was a text from her asking why I hadn't turned up at 12 for my appointment. Dohhh!!!  She is so good to me and was able to fit me in on Saturday morning instead - so I've had a bit of a trim, had my regrowth done and just for a change as well as blonde foils, have had a few copper ones blended in there too.  And like the result!

We're having new carpet laid in the three upstairs bedrooms and having them painted as well, so yesterday afternoon I piled all the furniture on the bed in the middle of the spare bedroom in preparation - the painter is coming in the next couple of weeks.  Our bedroom won't be too difficult but the study will be a different story since we have two large desks in there which were erected in situ so it's going to be a bit of a challenge getting that room emptied for the carpet to be laid.

Yesteday Deb texted me saying that one of her sons had caught a heap of mudcrabs and did we want to go round there for tea.  It's ironic that both her boys love crabbing but neither of them eat crab.  So we feasted on mudcrab with some fresh crusty bread washed down with Moet!!  How decadent.  Deb had a bottle which we hadn't found the opportunity to drink on the birthday trip and I had a bottle we'd been given by the friend who stayed in our house back when we went to the US.  So why just have one bottle when you can have two - and we did!

Well for someone who didn't have a lot to say I've managed to waffle on quite a bit.

For those of you who asked about the dress - this was the dress I chose - but had it made in tea length.
But what you don't see in this pic is that the lace has sequins and also interwoven with silver thread.  In the green it was just too much.  Also the way it has been made makes it very heavy - the bodice has a double lining of satin and it's boned - not something I need and the chiffon skirt is also double lined - no idea why but it makes it really heavy.  I've included a couple of pics of the dress I received - the colour doesn't look too bad in the photo but in reality it's really quite lime in colour.  The second one shows just how ornate the lace is.

Add caption
Add caption
Ok must be off and do some food shopping - kids coming for tea tonight and the cupboards seem to be quite bare!  Last day I think of obedience training for Merlin today. Have a great week everyone
Love Zxx

4 comments:

jen said...

ohhhh I love the style of the dress and it would have suited you to a T ! What a pity it didn't all work out as you wished.

mmmmm very jealous, mud crabs are a favourite of ours, we miss the deeelicious seafood we used to get fresh when we lived up north.

Love Cat said...

Hello Lovely Lady

I have been keeping up with your posts but have been terrible at commenting. Slacker!

Such a shame about the dress. It looks lovely in the pic but if it's not right on then what can you do.

Lovely news about the weight loss though! Well done! x

Anne said...

I'm not great at commenting either!

A few of us are having fresh starts in 2012:-)

Brithdays straight after Christmas must be hard to buy presents for!

Lonicera said...

You think it's boring to 'waffle on' but actually your life is so different to mine that it's fun reading about it. Never tasted mud crabs - on the list!

The business of the dress is quite interesting. Scrutinising the model's dress and what you received, it looks very much as though the beige one is from a European/American catalogue: it's delicate, light, sheer. Yours looks as though it's been recreated by clever seamstresses who just look at a picture and know what to do... and in a part of the world where labour is cheap and they can therefore charge a fraction of what the real version would have cost. No harm in that, three cheers for private enterprise. However in this case they've made it heavier (the bodice fabric does look thicker) and lined it, thereby losing the delicate drape and clinginess of the original. Could you get it modified? I suppose not if you don't care for the colour... Anyway, hope you don't mind my nosey analysis!

Pics of Merlin sometime??

Caroline