LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Action Packed

Yes this weekend has certainly had so much crammed into it - I'm absolutely exhausted and it's back to work tomorrow - going to be a long busy week!

Weight first - I've been a good girl still and managed to get rid of another 700g this week so that puts a smile on my face!! Keep on pedalling!

Well I don't know where to start there's been so much happening chez Zanna. I'll back track to mid last week when I was formally offered the Recruitment Advisor position which since I'd already given a lot of thought, I was able to accept on the spot. Instant assumption of the accountabilities plus handover a heap of my previous stuff to our new graduate - a delightful young man who is I think a pretty smart cookie but nonetheless - as well as needing to get his head round the work conceptually has had no previous experience of that wonderful software system called SAP so has had a pretty steep learning curve this week. I thought it was quite special that he sent me an invite to be his Facebook friend which I accepted, then on Friday evening posted a message on my wall thanking me for all my help this week and for making him feel so welcome.

So half day Friday - although I had a training course to attend for another software system being introduced for contractor management - and I look after supplementary labour on site so needed to know how this would interface with me - so instead of finishing at 11 as I should I was there till about 12.15.

So home, quick change and then off to the dentist for an appointment with the hygenist -have a bit of trouble with my gums so go every 3 months for a scale and polish. Left there and went off looking at bedroom suites - we currently have a queen size ensemble which is past it's best and we had decided we'd go kingsize this time but I was thinking about having a mattress in a frame rather than an ensemble. Got a couple of prices then headed for Harvey Norman to see what they had available. Sign out the front said 60 per cent off mattresses. So I engaged the young man in a bit of conversation - probably not the sharpest pencil in the box but very obliging and eager to please. I spotted a bit of a special going on a Sleepmaker ensemble and asked about the price for just the mattress - wouldn't get the benefit of the special $1599 for a queensize ensemble and wait for it $1099 for a kingsize ensemble. I asked how come a kingsize was cheaper than a queensize - dropped jaw and oops someone has made a boo boo. Raced off to see the manager but agreed that I had the right to buy it at the advertised price. So ... long story short - I bought a kingsize ensemble for $1099 which has a normal retail of $3299!!! Was that a bargain or what! Could take up to 6 weeks to get it - but I can live with that.

Saturday - I had decided to get up early and head for Rockhampton to see if I could find an outfit suitable for the wedding. It was kind of an off chance as I had booked flights via frequent flyer to go to Brisbane next weekend to get an outfit but thought I should just check out Rocky first in case I could find something.,

So I headed off to Rocky - went to Stewarts first -found a dress that was .... pretty good - but wasn't absolutely certain so got them to put a hold on it while I checked out a few other places. Went to a few other shops - nothing doing .... then wandered into Noni B - cased the joint and was just about to leave when I spotted a short rail with a few after five type outfits on - and there was this dress....... Tried it on and the rest is history. Fitted perfectly - and still will if I lose a few more kilos. So bought it and headed to Suna - a shop where thet have all sorts of shoes and bags - and I got both to match with the outfit perfectly. Back to Noni B to get a necklace and earrings which just finish it off - and I'm set!!! A few pics below - I look kind of ordinary - flat hair, no makeup and the nails both hands and feet definitely dont match but you'll get the drift.

So finally back home late Saturday -got Indian take away on the way through Gladstone as I was too tired to think about cookingl.

Today - well can't remember if I've mentioned that we're getting the three upstairs bedrooms renovated - -paint job,new carpet and a total re-arrange of the furniture. The painter arrives on Tuesday this week so needed to get most of the furniture out - curtains down etc ready for him to start. Our desks in the study have posed the biggest challenge so Bloss was busy working on that most of Saturday. So today - a clean of the drawers of some of the furniture and a move downstairs for us till the work is all complete. I reckon that conservatively I have climbed up and down those stairs at least 150 times today so feeling quite virtuous. Also did a bit of a wardrobe cull and filled two and half bin bags for the local charity and dropped them off.

Tonight we met Grant Tiff and the boys at the local pub for tea to have a pre-celebration of Grant's birthday which is on Tuesday - 33 - OMG how did I get to have a son that old! So first day of school tomorrow - Josh into Year 6 and Curtis Year 1 - another exciting year begins.

So a couple of photos below of the outfit:

Hanging one the back of the door
With bag and shoes
The shoes
Me with it all on - but no makeup, flat hair and a sadsack expression on my face
My delightful family - Josh, Tiff, Curtis and the about to be 33 year old Grant
Love Zxx

4 comments:

Joyful said...

Beautiful. You are beautiful and your outfit is fabulous.

Anne said...

Just got home and I'm catching up. Love your outfit:-) You will be stunning!

jen said...

ohhh I love the outfit...its beautiful and you'll, as always, look stunning!!

Julie's Journey said...

Finally found some time at lunch to catch up on a few special people. Love that outfit so much. And the accessories. We are also going to start doing up our bedroom soon and are looking at replacing the built-in wardrobe with a newer configuration. Lord knows what I am going to do with all my "stuff" but one thing I know is it will not all fit back in the new one. Major cull coming. Bound to end in tears.