LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Weekend in Brisvegas

Well another fun filled weekend.  I had Friday as a day's leave and we flew to Brisbane in the morning to go to a friend's son's wedding.  We had a leisurely lunch at the Promenade Wharf then checked into our apartment.   That night Bloss went to catch up with the groom's dad and I had drinks with a couple of Brisbane work colleagues one of whom is a close friend.  Then she and I had dinner together.  Saturday morning we headed out to the Direct Factory Outlets at the airport and I had a good mooch around - still only managed to visit about half of it in the two hours we had there.  Not nearly as many bargains as you'd think but I did get a couple of tops and a dress.  We then headed back into town as I'd made an appointment to get my hair done.  That was a bit of a waste of time - my hair is fine and not a lot of it so to get volume you need to blow dry with a reasonably small brush - but she used a large brush and just didn't get the lift.  I ended up combing the spray out and doing it myself.  So then we headed off to the wedding.  Haven't got any decent pics of the bride and groom but a got a few of us. 

On Sunday we caught up with Craig's eldest son who lives in Brisbane and had brunch then found this awesome wine bar where you can taste all sorts of different wines.  Then we headed back to his place to check out his new hifi gear - he's a real audio buff. And then it was time to head out to the airport to come home.  But a lovely weekend and nice little break.

Not too much else to report - eating and drinking was pretty crappy last week but as of yesterday morning I'm back on the wagon and eating properly and leaving the alcohol alone.  I've still got quite a lot of things on so it's going to take a bit of won't power to get shot of these kilos.  But my mind set is good!

Off to Brissy again this Friday - the submission which I prepared for the regional Training Awards - which we won, has made it through to the State finals so they're on Friday night so going to that with my old boss.

I haven't gone into detail here but there's been a few changes at work - upshot is that instead of providing service and support for both sites, I'm back to working solely at the site closest to here, working for the same boss as 18 months ago with the same two people once again reporting to me.  Not a bad outcome and much better than some of the others in my team.  However I'm feeling a bit stale and there's some other possible changes in the wind.  I'll update once I know where it's all at. 


Reclining in the bar in the Novotel while out for drinks on Friday night

Bloss and I at the wedding

A group of us at the wedding

Bloss and I

About the only half decent photo of the bride and groom

And now a flash back to me cutting my birthday cake!

Think that's most of my news for this week - hope you're all having a good one.

Love Zxx



7 comments:

jen said...

Love the pics, espesially the one of you and Bloss...

Lainey said...

I love your hair at the moment. Looks fab. x

Lonicera said...

I'm hopeless at doing my own hair -on special occasions I just brush it and plaster hairspray on it till it would chip if I fell over. I haven't the patience... Yours looks very professional - you all look so smart in the group one...
Caroline

Chris H said...

How lovely.. I like Brisbane.. and walking along the river edge. Glad you had a nice visit.

Nola said...

You always look so damn beautiful and smartly dressed!! Sounds like a nice weekend and the work changes sound "interesting"

Pam said...

Oh, you're a tonic, Zanna. Always so cheery. Scotland is proud of you!

Julie's Journey said...

You're exhausting me again and that calorie free birthday cake looks amazing. Such lovely photos too. Looking forward to hearing about work.