LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, September 13, 2010

We are the Champions

Well off I went to Brisbane on Friday - I flew down with Terri - my former manager.  We checked into our hotel then headed out to lunch.  After lunch she took off to the hairdressers - I didn't bother after my experience of last week!  Instead I went shopping and managed to get rid of a few hundred dollars!  Didn't actually go looking for anything but a lovely little top jumped out and said pick me in Katies, then I went into a bag shop where I just fell in love with this bag that winked at me from the bottom shelf, then just as I was heading back to the hotel to get ready, this beautiful blue dress leapt out from this little boutique and dragged me in to try it on - and of course it had my name on it so I had to buy it!!  Anyway off we went to the awards night - massive affair with about 600 people there.  We didn't think we'd win - we were up against Hamilton Island Enterprises and Dream World - and the Dream World synopsis in the programme sounded awfully good.  Add to that we'd been seated in a room of over 60 tables - at the very back on the right hand side - such a long way to the stage so we figured we weren't going to need to go there!!!  Imagine the feeling when they called out our name as the winner - we shrieked with joy then Terri made her way to the stage and I sat there with tears in my eyes - I was so proud.  And so a few photos



This was on our way in.  I put these photos on Facebook and Nola commented that she loved my outfit.  Little bit of a story to this one.  The top was one which Shaz bought in Italy during our travels.  She normally can wear just about any colour and it looks fantastic with her olive skin tones.  She bought this for about 10 euros at a little street market shop when we stopped for coffee one day.  When she tried it on the colour just didn't do anything for her so she suggested I try it and see what it looked on me - and as you can see the colour was good on me so I handed over 10 euros and it took up residence in my suitcase!

The lady in white is Terri receiving our award - you can actually see her on stage at the very left of the picture

Clowning around - we just couldn't stop smiling

Do I look like the cat that's been at the cream?

With the trophy and the certificate.

Next stage is the Australian awards - three entrants from the the six state finals will be shortlisted to go the nationals - and there's a few hoops to jump through before the actual award night which is in Sydney in November.  We should know if we've made it to the final three by the end of this month I think.

We flew back on Saturday morning,then Saturday night we'd the boys come to stay overnight - oh what fun they are.

Zanna doesn't normally sit on the furniture - but these two encourage her to get up to all sorts of things

Mr Poser

Look at those wonderful blue eyes

Much hilarity - Curtis pinching Bloss's chair and Bloss pretending to sit on top of him

More of the same

Bit of mischief in these eyes too!

Curtis just loves Zanna (and I'd say the feeling is mutual)

Playing silly buggars behind a cushion - think he gets it from his Granny!

Well was quite good all week but went a tad silly from Friday onwards.  But today is another day/week/month and I'm back to it.  Starting to get annoyed with myself for not getting it together - the weeks are just slipping past and I'm not knuckling down.  So I'm just faking it till I make it - hopefully one of these fine days I'll slip into the groove again.  Life is settling down a bit now and shouldn't be quite so social which usually makes it easier.  Nothing to report on the work front yet - we'll see - maybe next week - and then again there might be nothing to report.  Time will tell.

Till then have a great week everyone.
Love Zxx

9 comments:

jen said...

Just love those cute gransons of yours...those grins are just the bestest !

Lonicera said...

Beautiful top - suits you. I do love 'shiny' clothes... they sort of set off the face, don't they?
Gorgeous grandsons, so cute!
Caroline

Margaret said...

What a great post! Congrats on your win - both on the snagging of that great top, and on getting the prize. Well done for both.

And how cute are those boys.. Reminds me of a couple that live in this house actually - lol.. xx

Suzy said...

Congratulations on the award! You look fantastic too!
I just caught up on your latest travel pics. Fantastic!
P.S. (Gorgeous boys)

Nola said...

Yes, and I'll say it again...a damn good 10 euros spent!! I love the shoes also:)
Zanna looks like she knows she is not usually on the furniture lol...oh well, the things a dog has to do for the love of her boys:)

Lainey said...

The boys are GORGEOUS! Lock up your daughters!

x

Anne said...

First of all a huge congrats on the award!!! Well deserved!

And what gorgeous boys:-)

ChrisB said...

Congrats! Lovely boys, how blessed you are!! x

Shauna said...

FOXY! Huge congrats to you :)