LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, September 27, 2010

Not a lot to say

Sorry peeps I've been a bit slack - been busy at work but not a lot else happening and I keep meaning to update but time kept just disappearing -probably cos I spend too much time on Facebook!!

Anyway no new developments on the work front yet - the change I thought might happen isn't at the moment but might in a month or two so we'll just park that for now and see what eventuates.  I've got another function to organise - an award night for 100 people and as usual got lots of notice - 3 weeks.  It's been a challenge trying to organise the gifts and do the background presentation (with appropriate music).  Trouble is you do a good job once and you daren't make a tiny slip next time as everyone's expectations are high - and of course they expect you to top your previous effort.  One of the things we did for the last awards night was to have a song playing as the award winner was announced and it continued to play while they made their way up to the stage.  We had songs like New Kid on the Block for the 1st Year Apprentice winner, High Voltage for the Electrical Apprentice etc.  There were only 12 awards at the last one.  This one has 30!!! and I've been trying to come up with music that matches what they're getting their award for.  There's all sorts of different categories - Business Priorities, Leadership, Our Values and Community Involvement.  But I've had a bit of fun with them and hopefully we'll get a few laughs.  One of my inspirations was for a couple of teams who did such a good job of organising, cleaning and housekeeping in an area that the air readings are clear enough now for them to work in that area without having to wear a respirator which is what they had to do previously.  Anyway there's a few characters in those teams so I've chosen a song called The Tidy Song by the Wiggles - reckon it will crack the place up.  Another one is one of our medical centre staff who organised a Cooking for Health evening - "Hey good lookin - what you got cookin".  You get the picture.  The function is this Friday night so will be glad when I get the run sheet finalised for that.  I'm actually an award winner too - Terri, myself and two others from our team got an award for the organisation of the aforementioned awards night which we organised - so will be guest as well as an organiser.  Probably more of the latter I'd say.

Have been on the straight and narrow this last week and lost 800g last week - a little bit more to go though to get back to where I was before going on holiday but at last I've got my finger out and doing something.

A couple of photos - thought I'd show you just how well my hair has been growing lately - it was such a struggle for a while to get it past my ears but it's going like a train now - and I'm loving having it a bit longer.  And then one I took from the car as we were heading into town to go to the movies on Saturday night - there was such a beautiful red sky.  We went to see Wall Street 2 - can't say I was particularly impressed.  But we get vastly reduced Gold Room tickets through our company social club - so it's nice to relax in the big chairs and enjoy a glass of wine with the movie.




That's it from me - hope all's well with everyone.  Back soon
Love Zxx

4 comments:

jen said...

Well done on the 800gram gone.
Love the hair up, it suits you longer.
The sunset pic is gorgeous.

Lonicera said...

That hairstyle is brilliant on you, really suits your profile!
Caroline

Anne said...

So much happening in your life:-)

Love your hair longer!

Love Cat said...

Great loss, fab hair, lovely weather and going great guns at work.... You are on fire!

x