LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Photos from Verona

Back to work tomorrow - think my 'clock' is almost right - which is much faster than usual so here's hoping it doesn't regress.  Damage from the 4 weeks away is 2.6kgs - but I'm hoping that at least 1kg of that will disappear kind of quickly!!  I spent today making all my little WW jellies and fruit as well as a big bowl of salad ready to take to work for the rest of the week.   Also need to get my water levels up again - while I did drink a fair amount of water while I was gone it was nowhere near enough - too scared to fill up too much when you're travelling and don't know when you next find a loo.

And so today we visit Verona - site of the famous Romeo and Juliet balcony - which we're told is a legend - I'm not so sure and the place we visited was sooo pretty, with lots of Letters from Juliet!


The old walls of the city


Look how pretty it is


I like lamp posts and doors - you might have gather this already


And of course interesting signs with lots of greenery


And this is THE balcony


It's supposed to be lucky to rub Juliet's right breast so of course I did - although Josh was heard to comment that Granny was being naughty!!


And here's all the letters to Juliet - apparently a team of volunteers working daily to reply to all these letters.


Some of the buildings had two tone bricks


Just another view of this beautiful city


And more


Love the colours in this one


The market square


Lots of masques - they were so beautiful


Another view of the square


Peeping through an archway


The clock tower


Wonderul old painted walls


Wines and vinegars - Josh was heard to comment that he reckoned Granny would be buying one of these bottles of wine - does he know me that well??


Leafy balconies


This balcony (I think) was used in the movie version of Romeo and Juliet


Another so so pretty lamp post


And balcony


The main street - we had an ice cream and a beer along here


In fact this is the ice cream I had - scrumptious!!


And just wandering around in front of the fountain.

OK back soon with Venice - I loved Verona so much I thought it deserved a post all of it's own.

Love Zxx

2 comments:

jen said...

ohhh oonce again beautiful pics...
And 2.6 ...thats not a real lot, once you back into routine again that will soon disappear.

Chris H said...

OOO lovely photos.. blame the gain on that icecream!