LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Let's visit Greece

Well my head is hanging in shame - I've done nothing clever this week - haven't gained but that's not the point I told you all that I was going to lose. In my defence there's a fair bit going on at work at the moment - more on that another time - and between that and 'getting back in my box' after our trip - I just can't get my head in the right place. But tomorrow starts another week - so I'm going to do better.

I haven't splilt Greece into the various cities - otherwise we'll be going for months before I get round everywhere.


This one was taken on the ferry between Italy and Greece - we were playing this incredibly silly and funny game - the person with the camera makes an outrageous statement and then captures on camera the resulting facial expressions.  I think this one was 'Precocious' which was our group nickname for a girl on our tour - about 18 travelling with her mum and her mum's friend and her daughter.  She was attitude with a capital 'A'.


Here's the Temple of Zeus at Olympia

And this is where they light the Olympic flame every four years
The starting line for the ancient Olympic Games

We scored a lovely room with a fabulous view in Tolon
Mmmm Mohitos - one of my favourite drinks
Sunrise from our balcony in Tolon
And again - trying something a bit different
Sometimes I'm really quite naughty! - look where my hand is!
The Corinth Canal
Having a pre dinner drink in our hotel in Athens
At the Acropolis on our way up to the Parthenon in Athens
Beautiful views of Athens
More of the Acropolis
The magnificent Parthenon
Don't know where I found the energy to gyrate - it was 40 degrees and only about 9am
Paid the obligatory euro to have my picture taken with this funny little man - his front teeth were made of gold
Our farewell dinner in Athens - for those who didn't continue to do the cruise - at a lovely little open air restaurant and we were entertained by these dancers
I thought this lamp was so pretty
Our group - we shared an awful lot of laughs
Me with Vincenzo our tour director - heaven only knows why I was pulling this face.  This was the end of him being with the tour - we had a new director Alexia for the cruise.  We were all sorry to say goodbye to Vincenzo - he was incredibly good at his job but just so much fun as well. We have a  myriad of crazy photos of one or other of us with him.

And next post will be the cruise and the Greek Islands. Have a great week everyone.
Love Zxx

4 comments:

Anne said...

Love the photos - and look at you -seriously you look just gorgeous!

jen said...

Love all the pics..you certainly had the most wonderful time....and yes I agree with Anne..you look gorgeous with a capital G !

Nola said...

Wow....love all the photos! You are just totally gorgeous!!!! Is that canal wall as high as it looks?...amazing!!

Pam said...

Oh, your energy and enthusiasm - where do you get it from?