LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Last minute

Well it's as I had said - I am getting there and Christmas will happen as planned in our house.  I think I'm almost there - got to go and pick up a couple of last minute things this afternoon and of course a bit more food shopping during the week but the main things are done - tree is up, kids presents wrapped and under the tree - all good.

I managed another 400g off this week leaving me with 800g to lose this week for me to make 5kgs.  But I don't think it's going to happen.  We had a work morning tea on Friday and I had to take savoury stuff - so took lots of chopped up vegies, some rice crackers and a couple of dips - one tzatziki and I nibbled away on them and managed to leave the rich home made slices alone.  So far so good.  But then last night after everyone was in bed I got a chocolate urge - doesn't happen very often these days thankfully - but there were some Lindt balls in the fridge - and they were screaming my name!!! So I ended up eating four of the little devils just to shut them up!!  Anyway I'm going to try and have another couple of hundred grams off before Christmas.

Got a nice surprise on Tuesday morning when Clive called from Perth to say that because of the cyclone off the coast of WA, the accommodation barge for the rig was being demobilised so he wasn't going offshore as planned that day - instead he was flying back here.  So he's been here since Tuesday and could be here right up to almost Christmas day - or beyond - just depends how things go with TC Laurence.  It crossed to land and weakened to a low but has gone back out to sea and re-intensified and is now predicted to cross the coast again on Tuesday as a Category 4.  It would be lovely to have him here as we haven't all had a Christmas together for 4 years.

Bloss is now on holiday for the next two weeks but I'm just having the public holidays off - I always have to hoard up as much of my annual leave as I can.  It's Ok for him - years of shift work means he has literally months of leave and long service leave.

On Friday night I was meant to be going to a farewell for someone at work - but it was in town and I decided that I'd rather stay home and have a couple of glasses of wine.  Grant had his work Christmas do for a couple of hours from 4 till 7 and he had been looking for someone to mind the boys. So after I got home from work I rung them and told them of my change of plans and so they brought the boys down while he and Tiff went to the Christmas do.  We were all playing on the Wii - it's sad when your 4 year old grandson can beat you at Mario Karts!  But also had lots of fun with the ski jump and the heading footballs on WiiFit.  Thinking I'd like to get Wii Sing - that should be good for a few laughs after a drink or two!

Wakened at 2.30am this morning by a massive thunderclap and went toddling downstairs to rescue Zanna who hates thunderstorms but at the bottom of the stairs heard Clive's voice calling that he had already taken her in.  We had a few very big bangs and a bit of lightening over the next hour or so and quite a decent bit of rain.  But all dry again this morning.  Clive left at 5am to go out fishing so hoping for some nice reef fish for tea tonight!!

Right possums this will probably be my last post before Chrissie - so here's wishing you and yours a very merry Christmas and may 2010 have many wonderful things in store for you all.
Love Z xx

9 comments:

Anne said...

Have a wonderful Christmas:-)

Thanks so much for all your support and also concern over the past few months.

All the best for 2010!

Jocelyn said...

Wishing you the most wonderful Christmas lovely, may all your Christmas wishes come true. See you in the new year!

Joc xxx

Lonicera said...

Your midnight feast sounds incredibly modest to me! And your organisation skills second to none - I remember when you were just about to set out on your travels last time, and you had even allowed time to paint your nails. Fantastic!

I organised my desk a couple of days ago because I hadn't seen the wood in such a long time - but as I was having a bowl of cornflakes reading my blogfriends this morning Banjo my cat jumped up to demand his share of the milk left over at the end, and unwilling to wait till I'd finished and left him a tiny bit at the bottom, he paced up and down my desk knocking over books and papers, undoing all my tidying. So the heck with it, it'll have to stay that way till I can bring myself to do it again.

I hope you and your family have a very happy Christmas - and I hope you'll blog about it too!

Caroline

Chris H said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS mate... hope you and your family have a wonderful time over the holidays.

Gabby said...

Have a wonderful Christmas and all the best for 2010 - may it be filled with wonderful things

I have just picked up your blog again - love your travelling adventures :)

Cheers

Nola said...

Just wanted to wish you a very happy Christmas and New Year xx

Lonicera said...

Just a quick message Zanna, to wish you a happy Christmas and to thank you for all the lovely messages you leave on my blot. They're really apprciated.

Hug from Caroline

jen said...

Merry Christmas, hope its been a wonderful day.

Lonicera said...

"Leave on my blot"???? That's a Freudian slip, if ever there was one!! Thanks again.
Caroline