LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Can I get to five?

That's kilos off before Christmas. I've got two more weigh ins but based on my current rate of loss I doubt if I'll quite get there .... but I'll keep trying. 400g off this week so steady, steady. I'm calling this project Inching to Italy - my plan is to be at an all time low by the time we leave - plus I'm tracking measurements too - so a bit of a pun really.

On the holiday front Shaz and I are starting to do a bit of planning - I've been to see my wonderful travel agent and picked his brains inside out. Given that we only plan to be there for 3 weeks we need to look at how best to see as much as we can in that period - without spending an arm and a leg. It looks like there are some quite good flight prices on offer through Emirates - Brisbane to Rome via Dubai and then leaving from Athens on the way back which would suit us nicely. We've spotted a nice 16 day tour - Rome, Florence, Venice, then the overnight ferry to Greece - tour around Athens, Tolon, Olympia then pick up a four day cruise of the Greek Islands with a brief stop in Turkey. Now we need to sit down and pin actual dates to this so we can get firm prices and see how it all hangs together.

I got my calendars back from Snapfish on Friday - really quick turn around - order online one Friday and at my front door the next Friday. Once again really delighted with them and posted them off to Scotland yesterday. Have ordered my Serendipity Europe 2009 book from them - that's what I titled it, and it should arrive this week - can't wait to see it.


Posted by Picasa
Here's a view of the three calendars

I managed to get a bit more of my Christmas shopping done yesterday - it's starting to come together now - and I even  wrote and posted some Christmas cards.  I had no excuse this year - I haven't sent any for 2 years - don't know why anyone is still bothering with me to be honest - my friends are obviously persevering and forgiving!  2 years ago my excuse was that I was racing off to Scotland because Mum had her hip surgery and last year I was too busy as she and my sister and BiL were here.  But no excuses this year so needed to pull my finger out!!

Ok troops - here's to another week without too many excesses and a sizeable weightloss would be good! Have a good one folks.
Love Z xx

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Italy! Eeeee gads, didn't you just get back from overseas!!! 5 kilos by xmas? NO... a little at a time mate.

Pam said...

Oh, you are so strongminded. I must make an effort to get some weight off! (How often have I said this?)

It's jolly chilly here in Edinburgh!

Anne said...

Even if you don't make the 5 kilose - you are pretty close! Well done!

Julie's Journey said...

Love the calendar idea. Great idea while I'm recouping.

jen said...

Well done...onwards and downwards you go!!

The calendars look great !!