LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Time for a change again

Well you know me and my hair - I get fed up looking at myself and need a change - so while I'm still keeping it a bit longer I got it shaped in at the back and also decided that I was 'over' the chocolate foils so got a few more blonde/copper ones. I've still got a smattering of the chocolate here and there but not nearly so much. It's taken soooo long to get my side bits to grow but at last they're getting there.

Can't remember if I told you this or not - but I was having trouble getting the sides to grow - just kept going all brittle and breaking. Part of this is a legacy from being hypothyroid but when I was in Melbourne on the girls weekend back in March, Shaz (who's a health professional) gave me a lecture about taking vitamins and recommended Centrum. So I came home and started taking one each day (specially formulated supposedly for the over 50s.)  Anyway a few months later my hairdresser and I were commenting on the fact that my hair was in much better condition and it was at last growing rather than breaking off. We then started to wonder what I'd done differently - I couldn't think of anything - still using the same products, hair dryer etc etc and the only thing we can put it down to is the regular taking of Centrum. So there you go.

Another good week on the weightloss front - managed to drop another 400g. It's not particularly fast but I can live with it especially as I'm letting up on the weekend and having a few wines but have cut them out on 'school nights'.

As I said in my last post, last weekend was Curtis' 4th birthday so we went there for tea on Sunday night so have included a couple of pics of my 'boys' as well as a couple of the new 'do'.

Bloss and I are heading down to Brisbane next weekend - a friend and his new wife are in Brisbane at the moment - they normally live in Taiwan. So we're going to catch up with them for dinner and also catch up with Bloss's eldest son. We'll leave straight after work and have decided we'll head down as far as Maryborough and I've booked us into a motel there, then Saturday morning we'll get up early (we do every other day of the week anyway) and drive on to Brissie and I've got us a studio apartment for Saturday night out at Milton which is a lovely part of the city close to lots of lovely restaurants and also close to where our friends are staying too. I'm hoping to get in a bit of Christmas shopping on the Saturday afternoon and maybe visit the Riverside Markets on Sunday morning then we'll drive home - it usually takes us about 7 hours including coffee and lunch stops.

So that it from me - have a great week possums
Love Z xx


Josh eating the birthday cake

Curtis - he's a cheeky little monkey this one!

Front view of the new 'do'

Side and back view

8 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Starting to see the length in your hair now, love the new look.

Hope you have a great visit to Brissie!

Anne said...

Really do love your hair!!! I've been toying with growing the sides out as well. Your's looks great.

jen said...

Love the hair, its looks great, the cut suits you !!

l'information Nouvelle ZĂ©lande said...

it is so nice you get to travel so much i hope to go to new zealand one day

Chris H said...

Wow you can certainly notice the new length with your hair. It looks nice... but then you always do look gorgeous!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Love your new do! :-D

Nola said...

I love the pictures and I like your new hair do!! The all girls trip planned for 2010 sounds great. Do you have any suggestions for myself and Ricky for that time next year? Warm and within 3-4hr plane flight?
I was thinking maybe Norfolk Island for a week...have you been there? Or a cruise.....???
I value any input you may be able to give.
Could you message me on F/book if you think of anything? Thanks!!

Lainey said...

Looking absolutely gorgeous! I like the blonde too - I think it really suits you.

Your boys looks to full of energy - their eyes are sparking!

x