LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Lots of little jobs

Yes, lots of errands and chores happening at the moment. All those little things you need to do when you're away for an extended period - the rates fall due while we're gone so need to make sure we pay them on time to get the discount, arrange for the post office to hold the mail, check with the kennels that they've got Zanna booked in OK, notify the credit card company that we'll be touring Europe (otherwise they may put a stop to the card till they ascertain that we're actually there ... and so on. But I think I've got most of them covered. Weight - overall down about 2 kilos in the last few weeks - not one of my best efforts but better than nothing. It's my birthday tomorrow but celebrations started on Friday night. Tiffany my D in L suggested that their present be a night out to see these guys.
Posted by Picasa
The Sydney Hotshots - for those of you who haven't heard of them they're a Male Revue show (or upmarket tasteful male strippers!). These shows are always fun - watching the crowd is as much fun as watching the show! Anyway she treated both Shaz and I, and Tam, Shaz's daughter iss home from Dubai at the moment so she came too. We went ouf for tea first then to the show and had a great night. Some photos below.
Me at Shaz's ready to leave. Tam had been telling us that some photographer lady she knew said that the most flattering way to be photographed was to put your body in an S shape - hence all the 'S' poses in these photos!
Here we all are - this one was taken with the camera on automatic timer perched on top of a wheelie bin - but it did the trick - see all those "S's"
Having dinner before the show
And then they identified anyone who was there for a special occasion - no chance of my lot keeping quiet so up on stage I go and we each had to fake an orgasm -no worries mate I've done one or two of those in my lifetime!!! But I tell you what some of theses young chickies had it down to a fine art - makes you wonder whether they've got brilliant lovers so they know exactly what it's like - or on the other hand do they spend a lot of their time faking it and so are really good at it???
Posted by Picasa
Today Curtis, my younger grandson is coming for the day - it's the footy grand finals and he's a bit young to enjoy these whereas Josh at almost 8 just takes off and plays with his friends. So I'll need to get out of bed shortly and I'm picking him up - and I want to call past and say goodbye to Tam who heads off back to Dubai this afternoon. Then at night we'll take him home and Grant and Tiff are cooking a barbie for my birthday. Last nighht Bloss took me out for dinner to a local restaurant which we hadn't tried - Rocks@lt. Yummy meal - I had stuffed button mushrooms - 3 cheeses and bacon - absolute bliss then Atlantic salmon with bok choy, green beans, rocket and kipfler potatoes - also delish. Then we headed to the Coffee Club for a coffee and Bloss had his favourite Citrus Tart- me - I was too full to have anything other than a coffee.
So a great weekend I haven't had to cook tea for 3 nights - how good it that?
Yesterday these were delivered (complete with vase) from Clive and Luana in Singapore - first my namoradeira then these - gee I'm lucky lady.
Posted by Picasa
All right possums, must get myself out of bed and organised. Hope all is well in your worlds and only 10 more days of work for me then 6 weeks glorious holidays. Yeee Ha!!!!
Z xx

8 comments:

Lonicera said...

Many happy returns of the day! I thought you looked stunning in your "S Bend" outfit. Must remember the pose (and not do a "U" bend by mistake). Good tip about the credit card - I didn't know, but it makes sense. You're obviously getting excited about your trip - will you keep blogging to tell us where you are and how you're getting on?
Caroline

Anne said...

Good tip with the "S" bend:-) Been a while since I've been to a show like that!

Exciting about the upcoming trip and I love the blog headers you are doing lately.

Anne said...

Meant to say - Happy belated birthday!

Julie's Journey said...

Happy happy birthday - may the celebrations last a week!
xxx

Anonymous said...

I read on fb that you had a wonderful birthday so just popping in to wish you a wonderful holiday also.

thanks for your note....my sister has no morning sickness either. I think I make up for her

jen said...

Sounds like you had the most wonderful birthday...

Must remember that s bend pose..ya looking good lady!

ChrisB said...

Bet you!re looking forward to your trip. Just off to Austrian mountains tomorrow for a couple of weeks. - we are very lucky its only two hours flight from the UK! Will try the S bend pose, knowing me I will probably fall over!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Gosh I'm so far behind. Will make note of the S Bend.

Many happy belated birthday wishes and an awesome holiday.