LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, May 02, 2009

Not Quite as Planned

Update
Too right it isn't as planned - had a feeling there was something else I had to share but couldn't think what -  it was this....
Thanks Anne for this award (private blog so you can only link if you've been invited)
The rules:
1. Put the logo on your blog 2. Write 5 things you are passionate about apart from blogging. 3. Tag 5 people on your list and let them know you tagged them. What am I passionate about? 1. Bloss - he drives me crazy sometimes (as I do him) but we have a wonderful life together with so many shared pleasures
2. My fabulous sons and grandsons and my delightful daughter in law - I'm so fortunate to have them living reasonably close and so I get to see them often.  And as you all know No 2 son just lobs in from time to time and brightens everyone's day!
3. Life - it is without doubt the greatest gift we are ever given and I try my damnedest to enjoy and treasure every moment that I have
4. No surprise this one - travelling and exploring this wonderful world we live in and meeting people from the many wondrous nationalities and cultures it comprises.
5. My job - I am very fortunate to be doing something I love with a great bunch of people.
I could go on - but on reflection, No 3 covers it for me.
The 5 I'm tagging:
Lainey - who introduced herself to me very soon after I started blogging and who I hope I will finally manage to meet this trip to Scotland
Julie - can't exactly remember how we got together but I'm sure we were sisters in a past life
Leanne  - who I spent a delightful evening with when we visited NZ year before last 
and the two Marias :
Foody Maria (her blog is Foodie Wanderings) - a lady who has had her fair share of ups and downs these past couple of years but who always manages to stay smiling and positive
Arty Maria (her talent is just incredible) - funny one this we 'met' in blogland because a guy in US left a comment on my blog one day so I went to his site and saw the link to Maria's blog there so followed that and discovered Maria who actually only lives just over half an hour's drive from me and who brings her dogs to the beach just down from our place.  We haven't managed to meet yet but it will happen one day I'm sure.
Made it to the hairdressers on Monday night - we experimented with a slightly different shade for the base colour and the plan was to have a series of chocolate coloured foils through the front. However the colour didn't come through as dark as we wanted so we'll have another go in a couple of weeks. But here's what I've got so far!
Posted by Picasa  
Rob does the 'flicky out' thing beautifully but even though I always try the next day it just doesn't work for me but happy with it anyway.
Not really much else to report this week - the count to ten pile is holding steady - it had had quite a decent increase last weekend but wobbled for a few days during the week but back to where it was. The concert was absolutely brilliant - a great entertainer - and gee he certainly is his father's son.  Actually we saw his father in the same venue many many years ago and it was one of the best concerts we've ever been to. 
Work still very busy but incredibly rewarding and fulfilling.  Going to work tomorrow even though it's a public holiday - my choice.  All this gadding around the globe that we do means I have to be very thrifty with holidays and I just hate taking a days leave when I'm at home.  I need one day before we fly out to finish packing, take Zanna to the kennels etc. and then we get back on a Tuesday and I don't want to start work until the following Monday.  And like I said I don't want to use up annual leave unpacking and doing the washing!!!  So what I do is work a few public holidays and take those days in lieu.
We've paid for just over half the trip this month - the balance next month so means that by the time we go we've almost forgotten how much it cost!  Mind you I think we've got some fantastic deals - included are - 
  • our return flights from home to Brisbane
  • return flights from Brisbane to Europe (including airport transfers)
  • flight from Frankfurt to Edinburgh
  • flight from Glasgow to London
  • 3 nights accommodation in Frankfurt before we pick up the tour
  • 15 day tour which includes all breakfasts, 6 dinners and of course accommodation (and porterage and gratuities)
  • and 2 nights accommodation in Hong Kong
All this is costing just under $4,500 each - considering a long weekend in Sydney would have cost us at least $1500 each, I reckon this is fantastic for five weeks - we are lucky though in that there's 12 nights free accommodation when we're at Mum's.
No 2 son still in Singapore - we've been 'skyping' a few times - gee it's improving all the time.  I used to skype my sister and it would be either really good or bloody hopeless but each time I've spoken to Clive it has been like he's been sitting in the earpiece of the phone!!  He uses a headset and if he fiddles with it when he talks it can cut in and out but I have one of the cheap VOIP phones I bought on EBay for $20 which plugs into a USB port and it works a dream.
Anyway that's it for me for the week - hope you're all having a good one.  Take care lovelies!
Z xx

6 comments:

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Hello friend! thanks so much for the tag & the lovely words!! It is pretty amazing how things happen in this world ... we will meet soon I think :)
Your hair always looks so stylish, I think it greatly influenced me to cut mine short, so glad I did!
Well, I better get to doing these 5 questions, hope you're having a lovely weekend :)

Anne said...

I really love the chocolate colour in your hair.

Great to read your list. Your trip does sound a bargain:-)

Jay said...

Oooh, your hair is cute already!
Love the passion post. Life indeed!

maria said...

Thank you so much for the tag & award! When I read about it, I was very chuffed! I wanted to pass on my apologies that I haven't officially accepted the tag/award as yet. I need to sit down and think about what to write re: my passions.

Since I started back working (outside the home)every day - time just escapes me. I'm doing a brief blog post right now while my casserole cooks - but it won't include the tag as yet.

I did want to let you know however that I will get to it! And I hope it doesn't come across like it's a 'chore' for me or anything like that.

Your hair looks great! I've always wondered about people with the 'flicky thing' happening (in their hairdo). I wonder if there are those that have the 'natural flicky thing' and those that need a hairdresser to come anywhere remotely close to the 'flicky thing'?

Thanks for sharing your passions.. & glad you enjoyed the concert. If my hubby is well enough we'll be going to an 'intimate' concert ourselves Saturday night.

jen said...

I love the hair colour, be interesting to see what the next visit will do.
Love the tag list..espesially #3 ... I agree with that one!!

Lainey said...

Hello!

Your hair looks absolutely goregous! I love it. I like the tones of colour. It never looks brassy at all.

Thanks for the tag - I'm going to do it right now. Promise! And thanks for checking in on me. I'm doing fine. Actually the best for ages. Feeling a lot better about just about everything. Everything is rumbling on with Skip (or Healthy). You'll notice he is all over my facebook page (Neil).

When are you coming back over to Scotchlando? xXx