LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Trim, Toy and Territory

Another busy week in the life of Zanna - lots happening but still no exercise - I WILL get to that! Went to see my hairdresser on Wednesday night - yet another different style - my hair is incredibly fine so keeping it longer is a right royal pain in the axx, so weve had a bit of a trim. Back again this week for the colour - might do something a bit different there too - you will just have to wait and see what the next post brings! Ive been thinking for some time now that Id like a smaller lighter laptop - especially for travelling as my current one is bloody heavy to lug around. Id been leaning in favour of one of the mini notebooks - about a 10.2 ins screen. But then on Wednesday night talking to my hairdressers husband who is in the PC field, he cautioned me saying that they may be small but they operate a lot slower than a standard notebook. So I did a bit of net research and found he was dead right. So then thought Id look for a 12 or 13 ins notebook which would have the same processor as my current one but would be a lot lighter. I was in no rush for all of this - just looking around, checking stuff out on the net etc. But yesterday our local Harvey Norman had a huge sale so I thought Id just pop in and see what they had. I was captivated by a lovely little 12.1ins Compaq which has as good a spec as my current laptop but it is about 1.3kgs lighter and let me tell you when youre lugging it around on and off plans and through airports - 1.3kgs makes one hell of a difference. (Note to all - never scoff at a loss of just over a kilo!!) Here it is. Looks just like a normal laptop here but is actually quite dinky. (And it was reduced by $600 so as Bloss would say - I couldnt afford not to!!!)

So thats the trim and the toy - the territory - well since Mum and Co left Ive been stopping, starting and generally faffing around with my weight but I am pleased to report that I have been very focussed over the past four weeks and my count to ten pile has finally taken a surge forward. But as well as this I am into territory that I havent been for at least six months so feeling much better about that. Still alcohol free - which seems to make a vast difference for me - not sure how long I plan to keep this up - but its saving me a fortune, encourages Bloss to imbibe less and my weight is trickling away nicely. Did a bit of a new look for the Travelling Tart - like the template but it seems to be a bit wonky with photos and spacing - not sure how long Ill put up with that!! But the two chairs in the header are for Bloss and I to look out over the world and decide where we are going next! Think thats my news for the week, so hoping you are all healthy and happy. Take care Love Z xx ps - Im sitting up in bed typing this on my old laptop so there are still no apostrophes - but that too will be fixed this week and my old laptop will live by my bedside for late night and weekend surfing!! Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

maria said...

Nice new hairdo and notebook computer! I have a 'Satellite' Toshiba notebook. Not a mini-thing.. but lighter than the last laptop. Looking forward to the next post then to see what you've done with your colour?! Well done with the good choices and progress re: your health!

Anne said...

LOL at the no apostrophes, my old laptop has a dodgy space bar.

Suzy said...

Love your hair and your new look blog!The chairs looking out to your next adventure - what a fantastic idea!
New notebook sounds great. Have fun :-)

jen said...

Like the new hairdo, looking forward to seeing the new colour...and I am sure the lighter notebook wull be great for the next trip!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

Love the look of your new template & your hairstyle! You always look so lovely:)Have a great week!!

Julie's Journey said...

You are looking great. Love the new look blog too. Where do you get them from?

Chris H said...

OOOOO a new computer! I love getting a new computer.. will be soon. My bedside one is dying I tell ya!
Your new blog looks is lovely!

Anne said...

Thanks for the comment re my hair coulour etc - I'm not too sure so it was great to receive a positive comment:-)

Margaret said...

Love the new template, I cant find one that will allow me to Lose the walking person, I wish Id never put that on my blog, oh well...Good for you getting a new laptop...Cheers