LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, August 04, 2008

Dinner in Ho Chi Minh City

Last night we had dinner here in Ho Chi Minh city - it was awesome and I thought I'd do the same as Maria and share it with you all. We were in a restaurant just up the street from our hotel called the Vietnam House and there was a great menu with pictures of all the choices. Since we wanted to sample as much as possible we opted for one of the set menus and below is what we got.


First course - pork ball, mince in seaweed, spring roll and seafood

Posted by Picasa

Second course - spicy squid

Third course - prawn meat served on a sugar cane stick with very fine pasta - looked like a lint bandage!

Fourth course - Seafood kebab - calamari, prawn and fish in a satay type sauce
Posted by Picasa


Fifth course - duck breast in orange sauce

Sixth course - steamboat with fish, chicken, beef, prawn, noodles and vegies

Seventh course - creme caramel


Posted by Picasa

And then to top it all off we headed for Gloria Jeans for a coffee and yet mre indulgence. And yes I feel fat!! Will say that this is the only really wicked day we've had and we were starving since all we'd had since breakfast was an ice cream which was served in a tea cup - see below.


Posted by Picasa
We're having a wonderful time - it's been very hot here but fortunately doesn't bother us too much as it's a very similar tropical heat to that we have in tropical Queensland. We hit the markets yesterday - bought some lovely lacquerware for gifts, and a few other bits and pieces which I'll post pictures of later. Haven't bought that much for myself - just for a change but did get a Louis Vuitton copy laptop bag (mine died at Nha Trang when the strap fell off) and a LV back pack bag. Oh and just remembered - another abstract oil painting - going to run out of walls shortly!!

We're off to visit the tunnels at Cu Chi today - think it will be very interesting. Breakfast time now.

Byeeee
Love Z xx

3 comments:

The Candid Bandit said...

YUM!

Why do I feel like steamed dim sims right now?

Have a great day today!

Anne said...

My eyes just about popped out of my head at the meal, so many courses and they all looked interesting and delicious! What a wonderful trip you've had. Where's the next one??

maria said...

I'm so glad you photographed the food.. thanks for that!

I've always wondered about those 'steamboats'.. and have felt sceptical..not sure if that's warranted?

I don't like the idea of cooking my own food (I'd prefer the chef to do it) and I wonder about the flavour of everything (ie. nothing fancy?)..and is it just a visual 'show'? Would love your feedback when you get the time.