LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Birthday Girl

Hi peoples, Just a quick hello from me today - too busy enjoying myself. It's my birthday today and I'm having a lovely day. So far have had a lovely card and voucher for a facial from Bloss, then the florist arrived with a gorgeous arrangement of flowers - isn't he a love!! I've had phone calls from my grandson and both elder and younger sons - the youngest one from the airport in Brisbane - he's arriving home at 1pm this afternoon after his 3 month spell in Brazil - and isn't that just the loveliest thing to have happen on our birthday. It's been a great weekend so far - started with mudcake with the team at work on Friday - we always have a cake for people's birthdays. Then yesterday I had lunch with a couple of friends at the Yacht Club - and while there got a beautiful pair of gold earrings from Shaz - my bestie. Last night Bloss and I went for dinner to a local restaurant where I got a single red rose and a balloon! Tonight Grant, Tiff and the boys and Clive, Craig and I are heading off to one of the Chinese restaurants in town for tea - so how's that for celebrating in style! In other news - got back to work for a couple of days then was sick - have had a good run this winter but finally got caught! So was off work for 2 days. But fine again now. This meant that I had to delay my start at the gym - but only by a couple of days. So I started last Monday and managed Mon, Wed and Fri - and the timing fits well (go when the gym opens at 5.30am and am finished in time to shower and be at work for starting time at 7am) so planning on this becoming a routine part of life from now on. Weightwise since coming back from Vietnam I'm now down 1.6kgs with tomorrow being weigh in day again - not sure how that will go - have been a bit wicked this weekend. Although on reflection not really evil - had a couple of wines on Friday night and last night with Bloss and shared an entree of battered cuttlefish with chilli plum sauce - always a favourite at that restaurnt, had chicken breast stuffed with a yummy cheese (forget the name of it) and chive sauce, and then Bloss and I shared lemon meringue cheesecake - and that was to die for! But other than that meal everything else has been on track so shouldn't be too bad! And now a few photos for you - At the yacht club yesterday with a friend My gorgeous flowers from Bloss This was the painting I got a while ago which was destined for the entry hall once the tiling had been done. And this is the painting we bought in Vietnam which I just picked up from the framer's yesterday - really happy with it. I just love abstract paintings - you can see so many different things in them.
Posted by Picasa
OK - that's it for me for this week - hope everyone is having fun. Take care Z xx

10 comments:

Carolyn said...

Happy Birthday Zanna!

Thanks for stopping by my blog! It's amazing the people you can catch up with here - loved reading all about your Vietnam trip, would love to go there one day. We're off to the US and Caribbean cruising in Oct, can't wait! Only 8 more weeks to go...
Might see you round Gladdy at some stage, till then take care!
Cheers
Carolyn

Julie's Journey said...

Happy birthday!
You sound like you are having a great time. Couldnt happen to a nicer person.
Enjoy
Love Julie
xxxx

Chris H said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATE! Love the new paintings... have fun tonight with the family.

jen said...

Happy Birthday to you....

Love the pics...that abstract looks great!!

Jen

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday, hope you had a wonderful day.

xxx

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Zanna,
et the joy of luck always decorated your home. Let your eyes as the stars in the sky always be of great happiness - I want you to meet all of your dreams-with a smile on his face let you begins each new day.

The Candid Bandit said...

Happy belated Birthday dollface!!

Amy said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you had a lovely day. It sounds like you had a lovely extended birthday weekend!!

Sue said...

Belated happy birthday from me!

Maria Catalina Wiley said...

ooooh, I love that painting with the gold in it! I love putting goldleaf into my abstracts too :) Like the other one also, the red, black & white.
A bit late, but hope you had a wonderful birthday Zanna!
cheers
Maria