LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Leaky Boat

Noah’s ark has sprung a bit of a leak this week! It was cruising well up till Friday evening – then there was a delivery of cheese, biscuits and nibblies, Saturday morning there was BBQ breakfast, lunch out on Saturday, more of the cheese biscuit thing on Saturday night then the hangover cures on Sunday of potato chips (for salt) and hot chips (for grease)!!! Actually it sounds dreadful but probably wasn’t all that bad and I can honestly say that as of yesterday morning I was right back on track.

I had a great weekend catching up with my friend and her family – hadn’t seen the middle son – now 26 and a dentist – since he was 15! Then there was the new grandson to admire and also their house renovations to see. Unfortunately Shaz was sick and so cancelled out on Friday morning so I went on my own anyway.

Friday night A and I just had a couple of drinks and dinner at her place and caught up. Saturday morning we went out to her daughter and son in laws farm for breakfast, then the two of us went to a lovely local restaurant for lunch. There I was trying to make good choices wherever possible so I ordered a prawn and calamari salad with the coriander and ginger dressing on the side. It was delivered exactly like that – only problem was that the prawns and calamari were done tempura style – and there had been absolutely no mention of that on the menu. Anyway I ate and enjoyed. Then around 3.30pm we went to the Food and Wine festival – actually there’s not really anything exciting in the way of food – we had taken our own nibblies of which I ate far too many, then I started to eat a baked potato which was raw in the middle so I took it back got my money refunded and didn’t bother buying anything else. After the festival finished we ended up in the local RSL club and danced the night away. Sunday morning neither of us were too bright but a couple panadols helped and I left around 10am for the drive home. I stopped a couple of times when I craved some salty food and got home around 2pm – then had to have a wee sleep!

Not much else in the way of news this week – I’m at work so don’t have my updated picture chart – I’ll put it all on next week when I tell you how it all panned out.

Someone sent me the cartoon below and knowing how many of us in blogworld are struggling with 'The Poz', I thought I'd share it with you.



Now here's A and I at the restaurant having lunch - we're toasting poor sick Shaz here



And this is me with A's son, son in law and grandson - all happy chappies by this stage!



I’m kind of struggling with blogging at the moment, life seems to have taken over a bit and I just don’t have the time or energy or even inclination to post or comment much, although I do try and catch up with all your news. Please be patient with me – I’ll probably just dip in and out for the time being till I get back in my usual groove again.

Take care possums
Love Z

10 comments:

Chris H said...

Lovely photos.... hope you can pop in on me sometimes! Not that there is much happening around here! booo hooo.

Em said...

Its always good to catch up with friends ......blogging isnt happening much here in my world either at the moment, lack of free time and wonder if my blog is really worth it....have a great week x

Lee-Anne said...

Well as life is what we're really all about I think you should just sit back and relax. Sounds like you're doing a wonderful job anyway judging by your smile.

I was going to ask you how you got on with your contacts and if you found an easy way of getting them in and out.

Happy living to you and your blogger companion from me and mine.

xxx

Anne said...

So many similarities - cheese, biscuits and nibbles!!! Usually a downfall for me!

Always enjoying seeing photos - and just loved the cartoon!

Life sometimes just takes over so can understand if blogging is way down on the list.

Anonymous said...

Hey. I just wanted to leave a note for you. Thank you so much for wanting to keep an eye on me even though I decided to go private with my blog - I was very surprised to see the response that I got from this announcement - but it just means so much more to know who is reading me - and I will return the favor for sure. I do need to recommit myself to my blog and to this weight loss journey - and am so happy to have you reading. Take care!!

Hugs from SK CANADA! Christine

maria said...

You're looking lovely in these photo's! Your hair is fab!

maria said...

Hey I got the exact same blog comment from Christine!

Julie's Journey said...

Firstly happy 60th birthday to your lovely Bloss!

Secondly you are a party machine girl. Someone who moves as fast as you do must be burning up the calories.

I know what you mean with blogging and time constraints. Story of my life at the moment. Thought I was going to have time tonight with M off fishing but daughter has rung to say she is coming to keep me company. Lovely but damn.

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

You are such a social butterfly arent you!!!
Looking good too I must say ...
Blogging tends to go by the waysdie sometimes.... its ok...we are not going anywhere...

Pam said...

You have such a lovely smile!