LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Saturday, January 12, 2008

Birthdays, Boots and Blog Refit

Hello folks,
Just another quick post from the Heather Isle. As I think I mentioned in my last post, I'm finding that the internet connection I have here is pretty up and down only with my laptop so think it must be a setting on my PC.

First up you can see that I've given my blog a refit - decided that it was part and parcel of the refit and revamp I'll be doing to my eating and exercise habits and which will start when I get back to Oz at the end of next week.

My little stay in London was absolutely great - first of all I met up with my friend Shaz's daughter - we had a lovely time chatting over coffee and then doing a bit of shopping. Then it was time to meet up with my old school buddy after 36 years. It was great - we got on so well and had a lovely time reminiscing about people we used to know. On the first night we went out for dinner with his elder brother who I also know from school days. The next day I spent checking out the local shops - this was at Ealing Broadway and I had a wonderful time and managed to spend a dollar or two! That night Al cooked us a lovely meal while we wandered down a few more memory lanes. Then Tuesday morning it was time to fly back to Glasgow.

Mum continues to improve and this week we've managed a few outings to some aunties and uncles as well as a trip to the hairdresser today. Today in fact is her 75th birthday so we're all heading out to dinner at the local pub tonight.

I've been talking to Bloss and he seems to be managing to cope - suspect there's been a fair bit of takeaway in his diet these past couple of weeks!!

In good blogging tradition I've included a few photos with some comments below each one.

First up some gorgeous little boots I found when I was out shopping with Mum and my sister - ummed and aahhed about whether or not I should buy them - and finally I did - so glad cause I love them.


Posted by Picasa
Next we have Bloss's Christmas present - I told him I wanted to get myself a pair of boots when I was in UK. I found these in London - so beautiful!




Found this place today which does embroidered jerseys for teddies. Mum has a collection of teddies on her bed so I bought this little chap above to add to them and had it embroidered and gave it to her on behalf of my boys and grand boys!



And here he is - the new member of the clan.
Posted by Picasa
Well that's the news from me - only a few more days then I'm winging my way back home - and the good news is that it will only be a short farewell this time - my sister and husband are coming out to spend next Christmas with us and bringing Mum with them. So the next 11 months will just fly by. And it makes it so much easier for me to say goodbye next week.

I'm sorry I still haven't commented to any of you - it's all just been too hard but I have still been managing to have a quick read here and there and will look forward to catching up properly with you all next week.

Take care lads and lassies
Zanna xx

7 comments:

Christine said...

Those boots are amazing. Wow.

Chris H said...

So glad all is going well with your trip home, Happy Birthday to your MUM! LOOOOOOOVE the boots, both pair!

maria said...

Great footwear finds there! You have great style radar! Lovely new look blog too. Thank you so much for posting while you're away and keeping us up to date. You have a young Mum! That teddy you had made is just so cute and even cuter when joined with the teddy pals.. I'll have to show my girl that photo!

I'm glad that London was so enjoyable for you.. Aaaah what nice memories you will have of this trip! The news of your sister and Mum coming next year.. that's just the cherry on top! Lots to look forward to! :-D

Travel home safely xoxo

jen said...

ohhhhhhhhhh LoVe the boots....

My mum has all her Teddies lined up on her bed too, she loves them all too!! Happy Birthday to her...


Jen

Em said...

Hope your mum had a lovely birthday and what great news ..to have your mum,sister and her hubby with you this Christmas. Like the boots... have a safe trip home

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your last few days in Scotland and have a safe trip back to brisvegas, where its cloudy but warm.

Anonymous said...

Oh my - Teddy Bears!!!
Better hide them cos I'm coming to get them!!! I love teddys.
Love the boots :o)