LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, February 26, 2007

Weekend in Noosa



We had a lovely weekend in Noosa - but I'll deal with the weightier issues first then tell you more. (And forgot to take a photo of the'beach babe' before we went so this is a crop from one of the ones taken at the party)

I'm moving again - not very fast but nonetheless I'm moving - a loss this week of 500g. I had really hoped I'd make my 5kg loss goal this week but it wasn't to be. In review this wasn't one of my best weeks although there probably wasn't a real lot I could have done differently. We ate out most of the weekend - in fact make that all weekend, so I made pretty sensible choices but you can't really control or always guess accurately what the points count will be. Also spending approximately 12 hours sitting on your posterior in a car over the space of three days means your step count doesn't exactly increase at a great rate of knots! But on the up side - despite really REALLY wanting a little chardy....... I resisted. My stubborn pride comes in handy sometimes - the only reason I didn't have one was because I've told all and sundry (including you guys) that I wouldn't have any alcohol until Easter and it would kill me to have to own up that I hadn't managed that.

Reviewing the week :

Alcohol - none
Points - pretty well spot on - kept a bit under at the beginning of the week so any upswings on the weekend should be OK.
Walk - managed four days this week
Water - 2 litres plus every day
Steps - 46,000 for the week - a miserly average of about 6,600 steps a day
Tracking - had to do a bit of retrospective stuff when I got home Sunday but it still looks OK

Went to the beauticians on Thursday night - had all the usual waxing plus the oxygen facial - think it might have made a bit of a difference to the fine lines round my eyes and mouth but I'm afraid no miracles! I had my spray tan done - this was hilarious! I've been having these done fairly regularly for the last couple of years, but the last two for some reason haven't worked. So this time the owner of the salon decided she would do it personally to see what the story was. The following might be too much information ....if so skip a few lines! Anyway the tanning process is not designed for you to feel elegant. There you stand with only a G string, arms in the air, then holding up the' girls' so there's not a white bit underneath, adopting a Mr Universe pose so the insides of your legs get coated.... while the beautician coats you with tanning lotion using a spray gun. She was so determined the process was going to succeed this time that she absolutely drenched me so then there was overspray and I had black/brown rivers running down my boobs so she dabbed them with a tissue which immediately left white patches so she then resprayed - she's stressing to the max and I'm just laughing my head off. Anyway as you can see from the picture at the top - it worked this time - I definitely had the skin tones of a south sea maiden! So to answer your question Maria - this is not a procedure for the faint hearted! but if you have a good relationship with your beautician - it certainly makes you look and feel good! I guess once I made the decision to do the 'brazilian' thing - all other indignities have paled in comparison!

We had a fabulous weekend in Noosa. We managed to get away from work early and got down there around 7.30pm. We checked into our resort -which was really nice - then walked down to Gympie Terrace in search of tea and found a nice Thai restaurant. After having breakfast overlooking the river (photo taken just after breakfast) we spent Saturday driving around up and down the Sunshine coast. We're trying to decide where we'd like to retire to. It keeps changing but this week we're thinking Caloundra might be nice. We want to be near water, lots of nice restaurants, close to Brisbane for sport, theatre, entertainment etc. so Caloundra might fit the bill nicely. But next week might be different.

The party was great fun - lots of 60's music - although I did most of my going out in the 70's but I've always been into 60's music too. Met some lovely new people and caught up with someone I hadn't seen for around 35 years - absolutely magic!

The week ahead looks busy again - going out for dinner with friends tonight to celebrate Bloss's birthday which is tomorrow. The friend (sister of the birthday girl) that I met up with after 35 years and her husband are probably arriving on Wednesday night to stay overnight - they're from Melbourne, but are heading north of us to spend a couple of days with his brother then going to stop off with us on the way back to Noosa. Hopefully my new washing machine will arrive mid week - I've got piles of washing to do! - the other one was going to cost $500 to fix so just bought a new one and will get the $200 cash back which will make it the same cost.

OK possums that it's from me on this beautiful Monday morning. Hope you've all had a good week and let's all make this one a good one too.

"My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.... unless there are three other people. " ~ Orson Welles

15 comments:

Chris H said...

A brazillian! I could never do that, far too self conscience! Spray tan would also probably be too much for me! I tan immediately in the sun, so it's not a biggie. Yaa for the loss,500 grams is so much better than a gain mate! I would love to retire over there in Aussy too, and of course on the gold coast, but hubby ain't keen, darn.

Suzy said...

Well done on the loss. You look wonderful.
Glad you had a lovely weekend in Noosa. Hope to visit there when I visit my Dear Son in Buderim.
I love 60's music too!

maria said...

As well as weight loss, you've done *very* well to catch us all up with your weekend by Monday! Which reminds me I have some humble Sorrento photo's to add on my own blog from our ferry trip over there on Saturday. Thanks again for sharing, it sounded like a lovely getaway --even with the dripping-tanny-brown bits that preceded it all! I tried to do a Brazillian on myself once.. and it didn't work.. I just created painful (eyesore) disaster. Is it different when someone else does it for you???!!!! I was convinced that I'm not 'suited' to these waxes as it didn't work.. wrong skin or body type or something!?

Briony said...

I can't believe you went away for a weekend and didn't drink. You're a bloody saint woman!!
I'm thinking about getting a spray tan, well.... I was until I read your post just now! hahaha
Bri

michelle said...

Youlook fantastic! Though I am having a chuckle at the spray tan and the Brazilian does not bear thinking about!! Good news on the loss especially when you have been eating out.

Anne said...

You are looking great. Good work with the loss. You are doing well! I think I'll pass on the spray tan, definately will pass on the brazillian.

Have another successful week:)

Anonymous said...

Gee - you go away for a few days and still manage to lose 500 grams - WELL DONE !!!!

Ouchies to the brazillian - I am so not into pain. the spray tan gave me a laugh and put me off for life - I shall go through life as an albino, I got burnt too many times as a kid to risk it again.

jen said...

woooohooooo a holiday and a weightloss, and no alcochol..good on you!!

ohhhhhh a Brazilian, you are brave..and the spray tan, wellll i don't need that!!

Love the 60's and the 70's music..

Have another great week.

Christine (Australia) said...

Go Zanna, another great loss - well done! You are looking terrific, absolutely glowing with that gorgeous tan!! Your weekend away sounded fantastic

Jocelyn said...

Sounds like you had a fantastic time, and well done on sticking to the no alcohol plan. And a loss too! Good job.

PersistentGirl said...

Just a quick note to say sounds like you are making the most of all life's opportunities, and also you're looking very trim and glowing with health! Your stirling effort and 'just do it' 'no fuss' attitude is certainly admirable. By the way, I think I'm almost completely back on track so I'll hopefully be a more active blogger soon :)

Anonymous said...

I've been to NOOSA! I was in Australia in 2001 travelling from there to NZ for three months.

Sienna said...

I used to live in Mooloolaba, to think now I live in the dusty outback. You look FAB for 50 Zanna! My name is Livy, I am new here, just started blogging the other day. I need to lose 30kgs, and am waiting for my herbalife stuff to arrive in the mail!
You are obviously doing weightwatchers, and doing very well! Sounds like you had a lovely time at Noosa (I used to call it the white dresses and gold jewlery Mecca!!). Hope to get to know you better soon.

lisa jane said...

I live in caloundra! Retire here it's a beautiful place to live :)

The Candid Bandit said...

I used to live about a block from where Lisa lives in Caloundra and have relatives in noosa!

Anyyyyway *grin*, I wanted to say you really look fantastic! The tan suits you. Im a fan of the spray too. I mean seriously, imagine how many weird bodies they see.

No alcohol plans are empowering arent they?