LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, May 22, 2011

False Alarm

Yes I think the return of the mojo was a false alarm - I'm still plodding along but not getting anywhere really fast.  Our Melbourne trip is this week so maybe after that's past I might finally knuckle down and shed a few kilos.  It'll then be only be about 13 weeks till we leave for out US trip so that might get me moving. 

Last weekend I was sitting having a quite wine or two with my laptop on my knee and decided to see what shows were on in Melbourne.  A phone call later and we're off to see this show :


with dinner first at this restaurant :

No 35 at the Sofitel
So that should be fantastic - really looking forward to it.  That's Thursday night, then Friday night we're having dinner with Clive and Jo - who we haven't met yet so that's another lovely treat in store. 

Work is much better now - things have settled down a bit and whilst I'm still really busy every day that feeling of being on a treadmill which is going too damn fast has gone.  Long may it stay away!! 

Eight years ago today Bloss and I got married in Raratonga in the Cook Islands - we snuck off on one of our many holidays and just omitted to tell anyone that while there we were getting married.  So we got married in a little gazebo on the beach with a couple from England we had met the night before as our bridesmaid and best man - it was very simple but very special.  We went out for tea last night to celebrate but our real treat is this forthcoming mini break in Melbourne.  I've posted a couple of photos of our special day.

For Mothers day we went out for tea with Grant, Tiff and the boys - some photos of that below too.

The other thing I've been playing around setting up is a blog on TravelPod.  As you all know I usually post photos on here during our trips and I also post on Facebook and the feedback I get from both is always very positive - I'm always amazed by how many people tell me at a later date how they've vicariously enjoyed our holiday.  But the other thing I'm now trying to always do is to put together a trip report - particularly when we do a tour so that other people can get an idea of what's involved prior to going on the same tour.  I know how much benefit I found from people doing this so I kind of see it as my payback.  Anyway after our Central Europe trip I posted a report on Epinions and got some very good feedback.  But when it came to my last years's trip the way the site was set up meant it wouldn't let me post a second trip report under Cosmos Tours - which was where it needed to be and I couldn't get anyone from the site to respond to my query on what to do.  As it was very long and covered many places it didn't sit well with any one area of Trip Advisor - so I posted a note on the forum saying that I had done this report and if anyone would like me to email it to them to private message me through Trip Advisor and I'd send it.  To date I think I've forwarded about 25 versions.  Anyway what I've now done is put them both on TravelPod so hopefully anyone can find them whilst googling.  But as you can see I've also put a link to the site at the top of my blog if anyone is interested.  I plan to try and update frequently when we're on our US trip - I can also send a link to FB when I update so I'm thinking it will save me having to replicate the same information in two places as I've done in the past.  We'll see.

I know I'm a bit of a stop and start blogger at the moment and thank you all for still supporting me.  You all mean a lot to me.  Love Zxx

And now some pics

Mother and her wonderful No 1 son
Me with the closest I can get to my own daugher
Just after the ceremony with our bestman and bridesmaid and
our delightful marriage celebrant
On the beach
Love this shot




4 comments:

jen said...

ohhhh I do love that shot too...it is beautiful. What a wonderful moment it must have been for you both.

Lonicera said...

You look lovely - and the garland on your head is simply wonderful.
Don't worry about the mojo - just let it come back in its own time, it always does with you...
Caroline

#fatfreefloozy said...

Might have to steal that marriage idea! So cool! And maybe i could tag along Thursday night too?

ChrisB said...

What lovely pictures and a very romantic venue! Will go and find your travel blog when I get a minute. Not heard of that Musical in our part of the world. maybe it will be heading our way next - hope so....x