LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Lost Soul

Yes that's what I'm feeling like. I just can't get my head in the right place. I've paid an arm and a couple of legs to join WW at Home and I'm just stuffing around. Five weeks with them and I've lost 1.4kgs - how lame is that?? But I'm hanging on by my fingernails - at least I've managed to lose albeit pretty bloody pathetically. I'm trying to reach within and find that place where you miraculously get your shit together and do what you're meant to do.... and for me that means cutting out the alcohol. I'm thinking about it - now just need to get the thought to transmogrify into an action.

Elsewhere in my life - enjoying work - still really busy but back in control again. As I think I said - got a couple of younger team members playing the game a bit - (and our leader knows it) and as I said to her - hey I've been playing the game a lot longer than them - so just watch it! Actually I'm relishing being considerably more mature so don't feel the need to react at every little niggle - just pick my moments and if they carry on long enough this old lioness might roar!!!

Got myself an awesome little hair piece - no photos yet - must get some - it's a scrunchy style - drag all my own hair back and loop this little baby around the stump and it looks amazing - brilliant colour match to my own hair. My hairdresser lent it to me but I'm going to buy my own - only about $20 - cant afford not to!!!

Other news - Clive (no 2 son) still working in Korea - just been on R and R with his girlfriend in Bali and stayed here - amazed that he hasn't come back married or at the very least engaged! Now wouldn't this just be the most amazing place to stay?

A couple of weekends ago - OMG how long between posts - a friend was up from Brisbane and we went to Rocky (Rockhampton) for the day. A photo tribute to the purchases below :
Needed some cappucino cups for the new coffee machine
But then these little babies were $6 for the set of 4 - a little bit small but hey I'm adaptable
And then some clothes shopping - nice little top
This little dress was abot $20 - interesting hem line- back dips - love it
Bought this one after I'd bought the one below - looks brilliant with it
Almost passed this one up - the all in one pants suit fitted perfectly but the wrap over top looked crap - but decided I could modify the top and it was worth having the pants suit
Neat little dress which is one of thos scrunchy ones which will pack beautifully for our forthcoming trip

Note the candle holders on the left - got the set of 4 really  cheap -  cost me more for the candles!!
And that's the news folks.  I know I've been a bit quiet recently.  Kind of lost my blogging mojo.  But not prepared to just dip out - I've had far too much support here in the past so just trying to do the old "fake it till you make it".  And despite what you might think I am still reading.  How about you all leave me a comment and give me major guilts and I'll get back to being a good blogger again!
Have a great week possums!!!
Love
Zanna xxx

7 comments:

ChrisB said...

Hi Zanna,

Love all your purchases, you did very well there! I too am struggling with WW - 2lb on 2lb off etc. finding it really hard to keep motivated, stick to it for a couple of days, and then back to eating what I want!! Wish I could get focused....Summer's a-coming so when I get the summer clothes out maybe that will shock me into submission!!!x

Lonicera said...

My boss has done the online WW like you, and she said it worked for her when she reached a plateau, to attend a meeting and benefit from the group therapy. Is there a class near you? When you're motivated there's no stopping you, I know. But hey, you're human too.
I'm sad you feel less like blogging these days - but have seen it with other bloggers too. Just know that everything you write about is interesting... OK?
Caroline

starfish264 said...

I think there's lots of people struggling with the old diets at the moment - and at least 1.4kg over 4 weeks is consistent - I keep bouncing up and down all over the place, so I think I'd rather have your steady loss! Lovely purchases - I want the cups and saucers - so cute! xx

Linz M said...

I am also majorly struggling, so I feel your pain. I second starfish - I want those cups!

xx

jen said...

Love all the pics, the clothes are "to die for"!! Love the dress that dips at the back, its like the one I wore to Simon's wedding!

yeahh I too paid all that money for the At Home ww programe and lost the plot when I went to Tassie...slowly getting back on track again, hang in there girl!

Pam said...

Hello! Just waving. Nice purchases.

Sue said...

Blogging went a bit quiet for me too, what with all the rushing about getting the bus fixed and then the whole wedding thing!