LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, November 08, 2010

Just not quite getting it!

That's me folks - I just can't quite find the right headspace to get into loss mode - so so often the trouble when I come back from holiday - I'm holding steady beautifully but I know I'm going to be so annoyed at myself if I haven't shifted a kilo or two before I leave for Scotland - and that's only six and a half weeks away. I go really well during the week but then kick back a bit on the weekend. Food is not really the problem - it's the wine or six that I think I deserve after a massive week at work. Oh well I'll take my own advice and just keep trying to fake it till I make it.

Last week was my first in the new role and by Tuesday/Wednesday I was feeling totally swamped and just wanted to come up for air. I'm sure those of you who've moved into a new job/position can relate. It's just trying to get your head round where everything is - electronic file storage wise and you spend half of every conversation translating the new 'speak' in your head into something you understand. Actually already this week it's coming together a bit. Trouble is I'm such a control freak and hate that feeling that I'm not on top of things. But I do believe it's making more sense this week- but so so much happening - we've a fairly major organisational restructure happening and many of the positions moving into my departments - and the receiving department does all the requests for change, updated role change letters etc. Then of course it's final review time for our performance management system - some very fixed timelines and deadlines for that.

I've been managing though to still get up early and walk most mornings and certainly feel that gets my day off to a good start. Socially life has been a bit quieter - haven't been up to that much. We did go along to the local BAM festival on the weekend (Beach Arts Music) which is on once a month. Lots of little crafty stalls in the park area on the Esplanade - right by the beach and a selection of live bands playing. People just take along a few chairs, some nibbles and a drink or two and just chill listening to the music and have a little wander to check out the stalls. I found a good second hand book stall. Josh is an excellent and keen reader. I bought him a collection of Roald Dahl books as part of his birthday present and he read the whole lot in a couple of weeks. At this stall I managed to get two Paul Jennings books - again compilations - and got the two for $5 - bargain! So he was thrilled to get them last night. On Saturday morning also found the complete Chronicles of Narnia in one book instead of 6 - for only $21 in Kmart - so that's a bit of his Christmas present.

A few photos below :
Taken on one my morning walks - love the shape of these pods on a Poinciana tree

A couple of guys off up the river fishing - at 5.30am

A tree orchid - just growing on one of the trees along the way
Close up - isn't it pretty
Found a couple of hibiscus flowers lying on the grass - brought them home and tried to capture their beauty
Bloss and I at BAM - the theme for this one was Hippies - hence the peace sign - though Bloss's looks a bit limp!!

Thought you might like to see the new lounge in situ complete with new cushions - see Zanna peeking in from the deck

So had to get new cushions for this one too
Felt I wanted something striking in this vase which has the plain white wall as a backing so got these 'snowflakes'

So not much more in the way of news that I can think of. Hope all is well in all your worlds
Love Zxx

8 comments:

Anne said...

gorgeous photos :) love hearing all your news :)

Anne

Chris H said...

The snowflakes look lovely there.

jen said...

gorgeous pics...
The new cushions are brilliant.

Lonicera said...

Love those blooms, and your decorating skills are marvellous. What fun to be planning another trip... Hope you'll take plenty of pics in Scotland.
Caroline

Maria said...

Thanks for your newsy update Annie :)

Your walking photo's remind me of when I used to live near a river and so I was down there a lot. It helped me lose many-a-kilo! I'm using "no river nearby" as an excuse sometimes for not being as dedicated as I used to be. Truth is I could be there in 15min's with the car.. then park.. and start walking..but I don't bother do I? Many do park their cars and walk. Any-who.. good on you for keeping up that routine despite all that's going on around you at the moment.

The monthly markets sound great..and they have a theme too?! The books were a great find! Any local produce at the markets?

I do like your striking vase..and cushions. I'm counting-down with you..and excited for you re: your impending travels. You've had stuff going on.. and oh well, so you're not perfect. I understand the disappointment however (in oneself)..story of my life I could say (right about now)! If you can hang on to the morning walking.. then that's definitely in your favour..and you still deserve a pat on the back. Not all is lost. Have a good week and I hope your head feels less crowded soon.

Lee-Anne said...

Gorgeous photos. How long does it take you to do that walk.

We ripped our carpet up last weekend and underneath was beautiful polished matai floors. BC told me no way. We're getting carpet. He is right. Your climate is so much warmer than ours and winter is a shocker. I've noticed it the past couple of days its been a bit colder and also with our grandbabies it's the better option.

All our wallpaper right through the house is white. At first I thought maybe it was too much but always had in the back of my mind you can always change the look with accessories. After seeing your pics I know I'm right.

Hope you've had a great week and another weekend is almost upon us.

Anne said...

Loved seeing the gorgeous photos. Your home looks lovely, it has a real spacious airy look about it, and I love the colours.

Our little grandson is into Roald Dahl as well.

Anne said...

Loved seeing the gorgeous photos. Your home looks lovely, it has a real spacious airy look about it, and I love the colours.

Our little grandson is into Roald Dahl as well.