LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Monday, March 15, 2010

More trips!

All right - first things first.  I've actually been pretty miserable all week although I did get back to work on Wednesday.  I've just had an on and off nagging headache right up till yesterday - not enough to flatten me but enough to make it really hard to concentrate on anything and sometimes it would get quite bad during the night.  However I'm pleased to say it didn't affect my eating but did affect my exercise - I did a spell on the Wii on Wednesday morning then slept in Thursday and quite honestly just didn't feel like it till this morning - and I got back to it today.  This was the low week - I've noticed that so far this challenge I have a decent loss one week then a pretty small one the next and it's just been alternating like that.  Anyhow 200g off this week - so as long as it keeps heading in a downward direction I'm happy.  Here's my table:

Day
Water
WW Pts
Wii Fit/ Walk
Wine
1
2 ltrs
14.5
Sick
None
2
2 ltrs
18
Sick
None
3
2 ltrs
18
20m
None
4
2 ltrs
20.5
Slept in
None
5
2 ltrs
19
Sick
None
6
2 ltrs
15.5
Sick
None
7
2 ltrs
16
Sick
None
Totals
 14 ltrs
121.5/126
20m
None

As I've told you we're all set to renovate our bathroom and toilet upstairs, so been busy getting all the fixtures and fittings together.  Here's a picture of the vanity we ended up getting - it got delivered today so is currently sitting downstairs in the carport.
The wall tiles will be white - like this - with the wavy effect on them which you might just see and they're 200 x 300mm and we'll put them vertically in the shower but horizontally round the rest of the room.  (won't be having the red mosaics - they just happened to be in the picture)

Then we'll have a feature strip vertically in the shower and a few bits here and there round the rest of the walls - will leave their placement to the tiler.  This shows a section of the glass tiles we've chosen

The floor tiles are 200 x 200 off white with a grey tone - so keeping it all very neutral which means I can dress it up and change the look with mats and towels.  Think I'll be going for red first.

Now here's what my title is all about.  I'd been discussing with Bloss that Mum wasn't getting any younger - 78 in January - and that I wanted to try and get as many trips in as I could while we can still have fun together - go shopping, out to lunch etc.  And he bless him said yes you should try and get a trip in - so I asked my wonderful travel agent to keep an eye out for any specials which might come up around Christmas - that way I can incorporate public holidays and not have to use of so much of my precious leave.  Anyway Saturday morning, just as I was about to leave for town, an email pops up from Mark, my travel agent  (who doesn't actually work on Saturdays) to tell me that Lufthansa had a brilliant special but it was only valid for Saturday and Sunday.  I fired back an email giving him some dates and told him I was heading to town but he could call me on my mobile.  Shortly after I had to pull over to take his call.  He couldn't get my first choice and we did a bit of mucking around trying to get it all to line up - some days I could get to Frankfurt but not through to Edinburgh, other days I could get from Singapore to Frankfurt but not from Brisbane to Singapore.  However we managed to sort out a plan eventually - I leave here on Christmas night at 6pm (works OK as I get to spend the day with Bloss and the kids) then leave Brisbane at 1am and arrive in Frankfurt at 6.45pm on Boxing night - but then it's too late for a flight to Edinburgh so I'll stay in the Mercure Airport hotel and fly to Edinburgh the next day - getting there at 1pm. Not a bad option - cost me an extra $100 including breakfast but I'll be able to have a nice rest, shower, change and arrive there 'brand new out the box'.  Then I do the return trip again on 14th January, which gives me almost 3 weeks in Scotland.

I quickly called my sister on Saturday night to check that everyone was going to be around at Christmas - would hate to have booked and paid which I had to do immediately, then find out they'd made other plans.  But all good.  So yesterday was Mothers Day in UK so I phoned Mum (early morning her time) and wished her happy Mothers Day and said that I had organised a wee present for her but that it wouldn't arrive until the 27th December.  Her mind was working overtime trying to work out what it could be when I told her that it was ME!  She was speechless - and that doesn't happen often - but absolutely over the moon.

So I'm just about out of my tree with excitement at all these wonderful things happening over the coming months and just to be totally extravagant - I took my diamond to the jewellers and he's making my ring up - will be about 5 weeks before I get it though as he's got a lot on.  But I can wait.

So lots of incentive for me to keep going on my challenge - although right now I don't need any - as I said the other day to Chris at Diet Coke Rocks - I find that once you start getting a few decent losses happening it almost becomes self propelling - you just want to keep on taking off - it feels so good.  I've been measuring myself once a month since I got back from my last year's Europe trip and my total cms lost as of Saturday is 38.5cm so pretty rapt about that.

Right then that's the latest from the Tart - hope you're all having a good week.
Love Z xx

6 comments:

Chris H said...

OOO I love that vanity.
the tiles are great too, good idea going neutral too.
Great guns with the diet girl... keep it up.. I sure am!

Unknown said...

So much going on with you right now. Sorry to hear you were feeling poorly, but glad you are better.

Great news about the trip to Scotland, your Mum must have been so thrilled.

I agree with what you said about things getting on a roll with the weight loss, once you have a few losses in a row, things seem to slot into place. I have had a few good losses too, and things seem to be working right now. However it happens, its all good.

jen said...

ohhhh lovely news about the trip to Scotland and seeing your mum....sounds as thou she is excited too !!
Well done on the loss....38.5cm is awesome !!

maria said...

I am so sorry Annie for not catching up with you in recent times & at least saying "hello" on your blog. Definitely nothing personal. If ever you have popped over to me.. it's always pleased me..so thank you for not giving up on me! :)

How wonderful that you already have time 'back home' organised.. and that you can see loving family too.. Me, not having parents anymore and my sisters & I not being close (despite my heart desire and efforts)..well.. you are blessed and I'm happy for you! It's good to see at least some families are happy to see each other & spend time with one another in this day and age.

I also see your countdown to Dubai and other places.. WoW!! Your blog is never boring..and I love it that you love travel too..and you're very generous and share your travels with us..and your health-journey. You're very good with all of that..& seeing your last 'table' with the WW points.. all quite low and no alcohol..! How do you do it!?

Blessings your way :) M.

Julie's Journey said...

Everytime you mention Wii I think - I have one of those, I must get it out. Here's hoping I do. Love your bathroom choices, white tiles similar to mine. Love how busy you are and how many trips you seem to get in. Inspiring as usual. Love the idea of losing weight being self-propelling - here's hoping I can do some self-propelling as everything is getting out of hand. As I just said you are my inspiration possum.
xxx

Nola said...

Wow....wonderful news about the trip to see your mother!!
I also love the vanity...just my cup of tea:) I think red would be lovely. I also love that beautiful minty green you can get in towels too....that would look nice with the neutrals as well.
Hope that headache is under control now and you are feeling much better.