LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Only one more sleep!

Well, my bags are packed and I’m ready to go. We fly out at 6.45 tomorrow so it’ll mean being up at 4.45 ready for a taxi to the airport at 5.30am - but I don’t care when it means I’m going somewhere nice. Another good result with weight loss this week – 500g down. This keeps me on my plan to be at my goal by the time we go on our next holiday. Haven’t had much exercise this week – I’ve had errands etc to do just about every night when I get home from work and by the time that’s done then it’s time to organise tea and then I’m just too whacked after that. Tonight I have to call in to the optometrist to get a measurement done for the new glasses I ordered last week, then take the dog to the kennels, then home, finish packing, have a shower and wash my hair – won't have time to do my hair in the morning then we’re going to B & H’s for tea – the darlings said we should have tea with them rather than mucking about trying to cook, empty the fridge etc on our last night. Wonderful friends! Had to rush off madly last night to get downlights for the electrician before we went away. We’re in the process of having the deck extended – this is supposed to be Bloss’s project but he’s not into planning and attention to detail like I am . So yesterday he gets a call from the builder saying that he’ll have the electrician putting the lights in while we’re away and where are the lights? So Bloss rings me – ‘Possum would you be able to get the lights when you’re in town tonight?’ A few frantic phone calls then equally frantic visits to lighting shops after work then a rapid learning curve on the merits of different types of downlight – powder coated, brushed aluminium, stainless steel – which gauge? Meantime it’s getting closer to 5pm and closing time plus I've still got other jobs to do. Went for standard gauge stainless steel – they’re going to be outside and we’re close to the beach and beside the river. Time will tell if I’ve got it right. Also wanted to catch up with my daughter in law and two grandsons before we went away - needed a granny fix! So popped round to see them for half an hour – missed son who had already left for night shift. Here's my two darling boys! Josh is four and recently started pre school and he's just so entertaining, Curtis is 13 weeks and is just the most delightful happy placid baby you could imagine. Well now that I've had my brag, I'm off to do the last minute things. Hope everyone has a good week - my challenge will be to report back here on or around the 28th Feb to let you know whether I'm still on plan - I really do mean to behave myself! With those words ringing in my ears......... (and may they keep on ringing!!) Hooroo!

3 comments:

Anne said...

Have a great holiday! Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

The boys are so cute!!!

Jay said...

I cannot believe you are a grandmother! Is that picture of you 15 years old or what?!?

Have a lovely vacation.

Lainey said...

The boys are totally gorg!

And well done on the 500g. Keep it going doll!