LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Day at the Races

I got an email from a friend Michelle mid morning Thursday saying 'we're going to the races on Saturday and it's also Deb's birthday - do you guys want to come too? So I emailed Bloss saying what do you think and he emailed back saying good idea (wonderful thing this email) and so we did!  Then I emailed Deb and said how dressy and she replied 'a dress and feathers'!  So then I had a quick dash into town on Thursday night to get a fascinator - of course before that I had to race home - try on a few outfits and decide what to wear so I could get the feathers to match. Mind you in a town the size of ours there's often not a lot of choice.  But I was in luck found a nice little black number which matched beautifully - I gave my wedding dress another airing - it's such a pretty colour and I think I've only managed to wear it another once since we got married.


All dressed up ready to go


The fascinator! - actually I love hats and was really disappointed that my DiL's mum didn't want to wear a hat at Grant and Tiff's wedding - as I would have loved to.

Bloss and I ready to go

I think Bloss has just worked out the winner of the next race

No idea what I was saying here

At the race track

With Michelle and Deb (the birthday girl) we had two people taking photos at the same time so weren't really sure which camera to look at.

After a week of almost non stop rain - but I'm not complainig as it was long overdue and has greened everything up beautifully - yesterday turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day - hot and sunny but with a lovely breeze.  We had a table of about 20 of us and took our own finger foods and generally had a ball  - we'd little table bets as well as the tote and the bookies.  I had one minor win - but overall made a donation for the day! but Bloss had one decent win so I think he probably came out a little bit in front.

I managed to drop 400g of the Christmas excess this week - although that was more by good luck than good management so I need to knuckle down this week and get back into it.  25 weeks tomorrow until Shaz and I are off to Italy and other parts.

We finalised the itinerary last week and have booked our flights  - here's the plan: (I need to transfer it to my sidebar)
Fly Brisbane to Dubai and have 5 days there with Shaz's daughter
then fly to Rome - two nights there, then pick up a 16 day tour which starts with 2 nights in Rome so overall in Rome for 4 nights.
The tour covers Pisa, Florence, Venice, an overnight ferry to Greece, then Tolon, Olympia, Athens then we board a 4 day cruise of the Greek Islands stopping off briefly at Patmos, Crete, Santorini, Mykonos then back to Athens then from there fly to Istanbul for a couple of nights then back to Brisbane via Dubai.
We leave on 5th July and get back on 31st July.  It will be awesome!

Bloss is considering a trip to the US to see his son and our 3 little grandsons there.  But the project he's involved in at work is going to reach top gear this year so he's not quite sure of the timing and when he'll fit holidays in yet.

Today - well I'm still in bed - it's almost 8am - but there's no rush!  Clive arrives back from Sydney sometime today - he was down there last week at the cricket and then yesterday was at a friends wedding in Bowral.  He's only here for I think one or maybe two nights and then is scheduled to fly to WA.  Grant, Tiff and the boys are coming down for tea tonight - will come early so the boys can have a swim.  I mentioned in my last post that I had bought a vest for Curtis - we thought we might have a bit of a fight on our hands getting him to wear it as he can be a real strop sometimes - but he put it on quite happily - saying he was going to a "wahoo poo party".  It's a Wahu brand and it turns out he'd seen an ad for the Wahu pool party range - amazing the power of advertising!  Anyway the current phrase in our household describing having a swim is 'let's go have a wahoo poo party'!!

And on that note I'll leave you - have a great week everyone.
Love Z xx

6 comments:

jen said...

Love the pics...you looked gorgeous, that colour sooooo suits you.

Margaret said...

Beautiful dress, gorgeous colour, glad you had a great day out. Hope you also have a good week...Cheers

Brooke said...

Oh Zanna, what a gorgeous dress! You look lovely, and it sounds like such a fun day out :)

Your trip sounds lovely, too. I'll be living vicariously through you... :)

xxxx

Chris H said...

You look bloody gorgeous! Love the black thingee with feathers!

Anne said...

You are looking great! The dress is gorgeous and love the "feathers". I always enjoy a day at the races, LOL I always go by the horses names and then also take No: 4 in each race. Seem to break even.

Lonicera said...

I've never been to the races - I'm clearly missing something. Your dress is such a fabulous colour, and sets off your pretty face - well chosen!!
Caroline