LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Ouch!

Yes I'm a bit of a walking wounded today.
It all started last night - I wasn't very hungry as I was very tired - didn't sleep well on Sunday night. So I told Bloss he could have left overs from tea the night before and I'd just have a plate of chicken broth. He was busy in the study so I heated up a bowl of soup in the microwave - piping hot - just the way I like it then sat down in the lounge room chair - watching Master Chef - and promptly tipped it all over my legs. I leapt up, dropped the plate and dragged off my gym pants and knickers and raced to the shower - it was really burning. I stood in the shower for about 10 minutes and got Bloss to call my friend Shaz who is a nurse to see what I should do next - I had huge red burns on both thighs and on one shin. She said that I should sit for about an hour with constantly cool damp towels over the burned area to hopefully prevent blistering and then ring her to report. However about half an hour after that, she turned up having been to work to get some supplies and dressed my leg. What a wonderful friend! The left one had calmed down with the cold water treatment but the right was bloody hot by this time. I doped myself up with some panadene and evenutally managed to sleep and it was much better this morning but still pretty uncomfortable. I didn't go to work but can log on remotely so worked on and off from home. Shaz said I should have a shower and take off the dressingd this afternoon and ring her and tell her how it looked. It was still very red and showing signs of blistering in a couple of spots so she advised me to get my doctor to take a look at it. They managed to squeeze me in at the surgery this afternoon and all is well and the nurse there has dressed it again. But it's still damn sore. That will teach me to sit at the new dining room table and not eat on my lap watching telly!!!
Take care possums and sit up properly when you have your tea!
Love Z xx

9 comments:

Lainey said...

You poor thing. You're lucky it wasn't so much worse.

Take it easy now. x

Chris H said...

OOOO that sounds so awful! Burns really really hurt ... so sorry you had that wee accident! AS you say, sit at the table next time. As if I can talk, I always sit in the lounge chair with my meal!

Anne said...

Ouch is right!! We've had a couple of near misses with bowls of soup, I tend to have mine in a mug now.

Jocelyn said...

Oh no!! That is terrible news. I hope you heal quickly. xxx

Amy said...

awww you poor thing. that is awful. I hope it is feeling better now.
x

Sue said...

Ouch! Hope the week has seen you healing well.

Pam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nola said...

You poor thing!! Burns are so painful !!!
I hope it is calming down by now.

maria said...

How are your legs doing? I'm so sorry that you had this accident --but I guess so easy to do. We are forever eating off our laps, which I know isn't a good habit. Best wishes for your continued healing :)